G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/101293-diy-add-sub-your-bose-equipped-g35-coupe.html)

DEMoLITIoN 08-16-2008 08:11 PM

i used a hi/lo converter with this writeup. everything is still smooth. thanks alot man!!

JimmyYahoo 08-19-2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by dR6
As you approach the rear seat, you have to remove the bottom cushion by pulling straight up on each side. This allows you to continue to run your power wire to the trunk. Once you have the power wire running the way you want it, you can replace all the parts you had removed earlier.

This has provided me much grief. No matter where i pull on the bottom cushion they will not release from what is holding them in the middle of each seat. Can anyone provide any more specifics? '06 coupe....

infinus 08-20-2008 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by JimmyYahoo
This has provided me much grief. No matter where i pull on the bottom cushion they will not release from what is holding them in the middle of each seat. Can anyone provide any more specifics? '06 coupe....

Basically grab the seat where the peoples legs would be hanging off, and pull straight up very hard. The 1st time I did this I smacked my head on the roof pretty hard so be careful.

G-MENTED 08-20-2008 12:35 PM

dope way to save trunk space and add some bass!

JimmyYahoo 08-20-2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by infinus
Basically grab the seat where the peoples legs would be hanging off, and pull straight up very hard. The 1st time I did this I smacked my head on the roof pretty hard so be careful.

So basically force the hell out of it past the point where you think you're going to break something. Thanks for the reply!

infinus 08-20-2008 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyYahoo
So basically force the hell out of it past the point where you think you're going to break something. Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, since really its just those metal clips holding it in. But like I said just pull straight up and you should be fine :)

G'd-up 08-21-2008 05:48 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :icon11: :mad: :mad:
I have been dealing with this issue on mine for about a week now and its really pissing me off!!! I have a LOC and its wired up to my wiring before the bose amp. I turn up the volume and the amp shuts off and the protection light kicks on!!!

I cant figure out why its doingso, and why im having so much problems getting my subs and amp to work with the bose HU. I tapped in the rca LOC to both the red for positive green wire negative blue wire positive pink wire negative, because on the sedans i DO NOT HAVE the teal and purple wires. Also should they be spliced all together or cut off and not going into the harness at all into the bose factory amp? so far i have just spread the plastic wire lining and ran the wires from the LOC to the red, green, blue and pink rca leads.

Maybe its hooked up wrong but its really on my last f'ing nerve because ive had nothing but problems, and the audio installer at our local shop where i got the diamond audio amp and subs from says i need to just purchase an aftermarket cd player because the bose causes all kinds of problems, like im currently running into.

ANY INPUT???

infinus 08-21-2008 06:51 PM

If its the protect light its a power problem not your audio (RCA's). Either your sub is wired wrong to your amp and your running too low of an impedance or your shorting out somewhere, check your power and your ground.

G'd-up 08-21-2008 07:09 PM

yea it was a blown subwoofer actually... i dunno how it was blown but im assuming it was feeding too much power into the one sub (since i have 2 ) causing it to shutoff

mpapers 08-21-2008 08:00 PM

Gilley, how did you figure out which is positive and which is negative? Thanks

Originally Posted by Gilley
Here is what I have put together from other posts on Driver.

infinus 08-21-2008 08:16 PM

I had a shop blow my 12" infinity perfect DVQ sub then basically told me I was **** out of luck since I didn't buy it from then. Funnily enough the shop has shut down now.

I'm probably going to get an alpine type R now.

Gilley 08-21-2008 08:25 PM

The wiring schematic in the service manual describes what color wire does what.

mpapers 08-21-2008 09:13 PM

Hey guys when im splicieng into the wires for the rca line i know im suppose to do it before the amp but in which direction? after the head unit but before the amp or from the speaker before the amp?

infinus 08-21-2008 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by mpapers
Hey guys when im splicieng into the wires for the rca line i know im suppose to do it before the amp but in which direction? after the head unit but before the amp or from the speaker before the amp?

Right before the connector that goes into the amp

JimmyYahoo 08-21-2008 10:14 PM

Also, when splicing in RCA lines, which wire within the RCA cable do you wire the + or - from the HU to? I could not source open ended wires locally so i cut up a pair that i had on hand. Clear insulator seems to be common between the two different cables i cut up. Though the other wire is different for each cable.