G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/101293-diy-add-sub-your-bose-equipped-g35-coupe.html)

stealthlude00 04-05-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by StreetChase (Post 4091036)
can i just drill a hole anywhere in the trunk for the ground?

Just don't drill into the gas tank!! Look near the BOSE amp on the left corner, there is a hole on the chassis that is best suited for a ground. I used that as mine.

NaiveRapture 04-05-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by StreetChase (Post 4091036)
can i just drill a hole anywhere in the trunk for the ground?

Well, just be careful where you're drilling haha. Basically just as long as you sand off the paint around the hole so you're contacting bare metal and not a painted surface you should be alright.

Jay.Diem 04-05-2009 06:39 PM

nice job ... will look into this :D

StreetChase 04-06-2009 08:29 AM

thanks! i will take care of that this afternoon. i have been using the stud securing the bluetooth module as my ground but from what ive read thats a no no

Latech08 04-24-2009 10:41 AM

Ok I need some help. I Tapped in to the back 6/9's with the LOC, and im still not getting a signal, also I dont know where to tap the amp signal wire to tell the amp to turn on. the basic set up I have is a base knob with RCA's one set running from the base knob to the amp, the other running from the base knob to the LOC. Then of course the power from the battery going to at capacitor and then to the amp, and the ground from the trunk into the capacitor then in to the amp. And the LOC is tapped into the 6/9's... I just dont know where to put the amp signal wire and why when I put the signal wire on the amp power and everything turns on, my sub still doesnt. Any help?? I think maybe something is wrong on how I hooked up the LOC but the back 6/9's work. But im not getting the radio signal from the car to the sub...

NaiveRapture 04-24-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Latech08 (Post 4152021)
Ok I need some help. I Tapped in to the back 6/9's with the LOC, and im still not getting a signal, also I dont know where to tap the amp signal wire to tell the amp to turn on. the basic set up I have is a base knob with RCA's one set running from the base knob to the amp, the other running from the base knob to the LOC. Then of course the power from the battery going to at capacitor and then to the amp, and the ground from the trunk into the capacitor then in to the amp. And the LOC is tapped into the 6/9's... I just dont know where to put the amp signal wire and why when I put the signal wire on the amp power and everything turns on, my sub still doesnt. Any help?? I think maybe something is wrong on how I hooked up the LOC but the back 6/9's work. But im not getting the radio signal from the car to the sub...

I couldn't get any signal out of my 6X9's either, and it was a problem with the wiring set up. We were trying to only use one side, so just one positive and one negative, but for some reason that wasn't working. So we put the + and - from one side of the LOC to the + side of the speaker wire, and same for the - side. This then yielded a signal. You might want to just try different combinations with the positive and negative wires.

Latech08 04-27-2009 10:39 AM

Ok I'm lost, here is what I have going on. The right gray (+) LOC wire is connected to the Back right 6X9's Blue Red wire(+). The Gray Black(-) LOC wire is connected to the 6X9's right Blue white wire (-). Then I extended the left side and spliced into the left 6x9's. So I have the left White(+) LOC wire connected the the left 6X9's Green Yellow (+) wire. And then the White Black (-) left LOC wire connected to the left 6X9's Blue Yellow(-) wire. Is that right???? also where do you hook the amp signal wire to, to tell the amp to turn on??? and what wires do you have connected to you LOC??? b/c I'm still not getting a signal:thewave:

-thanks!

NaiveRapture 04-27-2009 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jesus, I think I'm going to have to draw a diagram for you cause explaining it might be too difficult. Bottom line, I'm only getting the signal from ONE 6X9, not from both.

Alright, here's my diagram for ya.

I'm not sure exactly how mine is wired, and it would be a big PITA to go check so, I drew two diagrams... I know that I have ONE of the two on mine, and it works... I had to fubar with it a lot before it worked.
Attachment 224966

And the other one:
Attachment 224967

Roguewolf 05-14-2009 05:28 AM

Okay im kinda running into a wall here. i'm tryna hook up my infinity kappa + alpine mrp 450 and well i got the part with the amp and i'm kinda lost. I understand i need to make the wires into RCA but my amp only have 1 set of rca holes *RED / WHITE* yet it says we need to connect two set? or am i mistaken?

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

I only have one Left and one right input in my amp. which ones do i need to strip and connect to the rca in this case?

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/phot...65101_7335.jpg

Roguewolf 05-15-2009 03:07 AM

hey I have the whole car wired from battery to trunk etc etc, got the amp grounded n wired only thing is im not getting ANY bass from the sub. the 6x9 work fine and i did the whole stripping wires according to color (purple pink teal grey etc etc.) I pluged in the fuse in the battery and then hooked up the RCA plugs turned on the car and the amp lights up and seems to flicker with the thump of the subs (6x9) im guessing that normal? however the actual subwoofer is not even budging...any idea?

this is the line out converter
http://www.installedge.com/products/...y=10&Submit=Go

*pic*
http://www.installedge.com/products/images/55412.jpg

it has knobs at he bottom to adjust but i have no idea what im adjusting for so im not even touching that. any idea? As far as the wires i have the LOC spliced in instead of a regular rca.. could that be it?

NaiveRapture 05-15-2009 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Roguewolf (Post 4222214)
hey I have the whole car wired from battery to trunk etc etc, got the amp grounded n wired only thing is im not getting ANY bass from the sub. the 6x9 work fine and i did the whole stripping wires according to color (purple pink teal grey etc etc.) I pluged in the fuse in the battery and then hooked up the RCA plugs turned on the car and the amp lights up and seems to flicker with the thump of the subs (6x9) im guessing that normal? however the actual subwoofer is not even budging...any idea?

this is the line out converter
http://www.installedge.com/products/...y=10&Submit=Go

*pic*
http://www.installedge.com/products/images/55412.jpg

it has knobs at he bottom to adjust but i have no idea what im adjusting for so im not even touching that. any idea? As far as the wires i have the LOC spliced in instead of a regular rca.. could that be it?

I don't know anything specifically about that LOC but, did you read my posts directly above yours?? I had a problem very similar to yours and thought I had everything wired correctly but for some reason it required some interesting combinations before everything worked properly. If you have the wires spliced properly (this was my problem) going from the wires BEFORE they enter the amplifier, to the LOC, and then have RCA cables hooked up to your amp all properly and you're not getting a signal, then I'm at a loss. Someone else I'm sure who is more qualified than me could help. You might want to consider starting a new thread if this is indeed the case.

Roguewolf 05-15-2009 03:16 AM

do i even need a lead? cuz mine is setup exactly like ur first diagram.. as far as splicing i didnt use those clips, i actually spliced them manually to make sure they are connected and then electric tape over each connection individually.

NaiveRapture 05-15-2009 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Roguewolf (Post 4222240)
do i even need a lead? cuz mine is setup exactly like ur first diagram.. as far as splicing i didnt use those clips, i actually spliced them manually to make sure they are connected and then electric tape over each connection individually.

The remote turn on lead is so that your amp only turns on when your stereo turns on, that's it's only function.

Like I said though, I posted two diagrams because I can't remember exactly how mine is set up. I do know that for whatever reason I had to connect the wires in a manner that didn't actually seem to make any sense, but it somehow worked. I know it's a PITA but, if you don't mind you could try both diagrams I posted. If you don't feel like it I understand. Just know that you're not having a power issue, you're having a signal issue. So obviously at some point the signal isn't making a good connection to the amp, and that's why the sub isn't moving at all.

Only main thing I can remember is, for some reason, even though I only had a single + and single - signal from the 6X9, the LOC has two + and two - signals, and I ended up having to use all four of them.

Roguewolf 05-15-2009 03:28 AM

yea i used all 4 of the LOC 1 white + / 1 white w. black- stripe and 1 grey + / 1 grey left w. black stripe - left. so u have an LOC and it does work?! so basically how do i connect them? cuz that diagram is messing with my head lol do u mean two pluses with the two pluses and 2 negs with 2 negs (instead of 1 + 1 - each)?

NaiveRapture 05-15-2009 11:02 AM

Haha sorry...

The second diagram is basically this... On the LOC, you take one side (a positive and a negative) and connect those two wires, to ONE wire of the 6X9 signal before it goes into the amplifier, perhaps the positive side. You then take the OTHER two wires coming out of the LOC (positive and negative) and connect those two to the negative 6X9 wire before it goes into the amp. Try to read all that, and look at the second diagram.

I REALLY don't wanna start pulling my trunk apart dude, but let me know if you're still having trouble.