Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Needed With Aftermarket Amp/Equalizer/Sub Install in 2008 G35 w/Factory Bose

Excellent Write Up! After reading this awesome DIYS, Im pretty sure I could have done without spending a couple hundred on a "Professional" Install...

Anyhow, whats done is done, but I was hoping to get some advice on how to Add this Clarion Equilizer(see link below) to my current set up in my 2008 G35 Sedan w/ Premium Bose & Tech Package:

Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

I had a professional Install the wiring kit, and the harness/part that goes behind the Factory head unit( which I DEF want to keep for bluetooth, GPS...etc) I believe he has the wires running down my drivers side and terminating at the stock Bose Amp, and from there to the Amp/Sub combo I provided at the time, which is a JBL GTX 500 Mono amp pushing an Audio Bahn DVC 10.

I just recently switched out the 1 10 for a 2 sub set up when I found a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch Z P2 10's in a sealed box for 50 bucks at a pawn shop.

So... Everything seems to be working OK right now, but I guess I have 2 Main Questions:

Question 1: I am wondering if I even hooked the new speakers up correctly. There were 2 red/black outputs on my new box (1 for each speaker) as opposed to the one from the one sub I had installed, so I just added some speaker wire and basically created 2 positive & 2 Negatives coming from the box,then hooked it back up to the positive/negative inputs currently coming from my mono Amp with a wire nut. Did I do this correctly? Im 99% sure the new Fosgate subs are 4ohm, and I know there is a way to bring them down to 2 ohms which I think may provide more power and be better for my amp?

Question 2:
I eventually plan on replacing at the very least the main front and rear speakers factory Bose speakers, but I am not able to do that right this second, and my installer basically told me it would be a waste of time/I would be a moron to install the Clarion equalizer I mentioned above. But seeing how I already own it, I wouldn't mind at least having the bass and sub control *****, as well as the additional input provided. Is there a way to go ahead and install that (preferably somewhere in the cabin, not the trunk) with the setup I have now? If not, What additional components would I need to put that in?

I know this is a super long and involved question from a Newbie, so thank you so much for ANY advice or tips, they would be SO greatly appreciated!!! Wish me luck!!!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Since the 4080 box isn't made any more, are there any opinions of the JL Audio Stealthbox? I looks like it includes a JL 10" W1v2 sub. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369415...ox.html?tp=113

I'm sad i missed this. Thanks for the share.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 PM
2006 infiniti g35 amp hook up stock stereo

I follow you instructions but when I turn everything on all I hear is interference noise no bass
Do you have any ideas on what I did wrong??

Old 12-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Hey guys I have a 06 g35 sedan with factory bose interior, I'm planning on installing aftermarket sub/amp for extra bass ,I'm reading that I have to tap into the factory sub or rear speakers And I believe I would have to disconnect the factory bose sub, can i still control all four factory speakers from the BOSE Unit? ,I'm not to good with music also would I need to take out my actual head unit to connect anything? thanks

Old 12-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by dR6
Connect everything up and 'voilà!' You should now have some very nice smooth bass. Don't forget to disconnect the rear 6x9's so they don't muddle your sound. I used electrical tape to tape the speaker harnesses down so they wouldn't rattle. I recommend playing with the amp settings quite a bit before you mount it to the backseat. This allows much more ease of access. Also, remember to close the trunk each time you change something so that you recreate how it will sound as you're driving. Also, remember it takes several hours of moderate sound levels to "break-in" your sub so take it easy. I used my fader to control my sub output and faded to the front at F3. This allows me to push my front aftermarket components with minimal interference from the stock rear speakers.

In retrospect, I probably would have went with the JL 250/1 and W3 combo and save some cash. My current setup is more than I could ever use, but I'm still very happy with it. I have the '06 with Bluetooth, so I don't want to go messing with the front amp any time soon. I would like to add an amp there, but I'm waiting for some brave soul to replace the bose amp altogether and preserve all of the features of the Bluetooth phone connection.

Feel free to add comments or question my install. I will edit it as necessary. Hopefully this helps out someone who was in my shoes but didn't know where to start. Here's a link to some reference material that may be useful:

http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044

So basically when hooking up a aftermarket sub and amp ,the factory rear speaker and factory sub won't be in use correct me if I'm wrong

Old 12-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer01
So basically when hooking up a aftermarket sub and amp ,the factory rear speaker and factory sub won't be in use correct me if I'm wrong
You're wrong. See the answer in the other thread you posted the same question to.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
You're wrong. See the answer in the other thread you posted the same question to.

Yup I was trying to get a fast response thanks again

Old 10-31-2018, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Had the Ddin and what not, decided to forego that.

Bought the USA Spec module and am currently in the process of splicing some RCA wires in for the JL Audio 500/1 Amp and my 4080'ed JL Audio 10w6v2. Hard to believe it's "Bose" sound quality with no Bass!

Old 02-16-2019, 05:16 PM
G35
Help

I wired everything up to this forum. But my sub is not kicking on. I have a Rockford fosgate 2 12” subs in one box, “connected together” meaning one connection. The amp is turning on and power is correct to the sub. I used a LOC from the stock amp connector piece. Any common or dumb mistakes could be causing this problem ? I’ve been going on forums and back and forth with this thing for 8 hours now lol. Please help.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:23 PM
G35
Need help

I have a Bose amp on Rockford fosgate 2 12inch subs that are connected in one box so it’s on a single connector. I wired everything up correct to this forum. I used a LOC from the stock amp connector like stated above. I believe i have everything correct since I’ve been going on forums and going over this for about 8 hours. The amp turns on but the sub is not working. Anything dumb i could have mixed up or did ? I’m very lost now lol. Note i have ground wires on my loc that i didn’t hook up.. could that cause it some how? Anything helps, thanks!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by G35zoooom
Note i have ground wires on my loc that i didn’t hook up.. could that cause it some how? Anything helps, thanks!
Yes.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:19 AM
G35 coupe
When we cut and splice the rca wires do we connect them straight to the stock bose amp wires

Old 03-20-2020, 03:18 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 G35 Coupe loaded but bone stock!
Is this install the same for a 05 coupe with bose? No bluetooth (as far as I know).

So you dont need a line output converter? And did I read wrong or do you keep the use of your rear 6x9s or does this get rid of them?

I just want to add a sub to the factory head unit and keep my bose speakers... I've installed systems before but not with Bose.

I've got a 2000w Hifonics Brutus class d mono amp , and 2x Rockford Fosgate punch p3s. May only use 1.

Old 12-01-2023, 05:05 PM
Infiniti g35 coupe with bose audio system
Having problems with subwoofer

I have this one problem with my interfire 12” subwoofer. When i play the song called “Bass Test subwoofer” on spotify and i max out the volume on my phone and aftermarket pioneer stereo, the subwoofer turns off and a message comes up on my stereo. The message says “Caution amp overload”. my audio set up is as according

Front: ds18 pro 6.5s
Rear: alpine 2 way s-s65
stereo: pioneer DMH1700NEX

Old 12-02-2023, 05:18 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
This is great - I can copy and paste my response to the same question you posted n the thread you started...

Not a big surprise that running that test audio and turning up both the source and the head unit all the way would result in an overload message. Your system is trying to save your speakers or maybe prevent your car from catching fire. Too much level at the head unit input might trigger that message as the unit knows it can't reproduce the signal without major clipping (bad for speakers). Too much level at the sub output could also trigger it as the amp senses it is going into overload or running out of current. Low frequencies use the most juice because they have to move the most air.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe