G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   Infinity Basslink Install - Quick Wiring Q's (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/116126-infinity-basslink-install-quick-wiring-qs.html)

MDE83 09-11-2006 10:33 PM

Infinity Basslink Install - Quick Wiring Q's

I have a Basslink II that I am going to install in my new G this weekend. I have read every single thread on this forum that was returned when I searched on "Basslink". Problem is that most of the threads are old and the pic links no longer work. Also searched "amp install" to get wiring questions, but read for an hour and gave up. So forgive me if this is a FAQ.

2 quick questions.

1. Which 4 wires do I splice a LOC into going into the Bose amp (colors and location). I have to use an LOC because I dont have the Basslink harnesses to use the high level inputs.

2. Any LOC any better than another? I don't have one now and I was just going to pick one up at Radio Shack...

I assume the best way to run the power is going up the passenger side and through the firewall near the large loom at the battery. If that is wrong correct me. And if anybody has pics or a link to pics actually work and that will tell me what I need, please let me know.

Thanks!

MDE83 09-12-2006 10:14 PM

OK, having read a thread that somebody had bumped, I assume I tap into the following wires leading into the factory Bose amp for signal to my Basslink:

Right Rear (+) = Blue
Right Rear (-) = Pink
Left Rear (+) = Teal ??
Left Rear (-) = Purple

Remote Turn On Lead = Blue/Silver Stripe

Correct me if any of the above is wrong...

But I still need help with the Line Output Converter. Is there any special one I need to be compatable with the Bose system or will any one do, like one I can pick up at Radio shack? Or do I even need one at all. Will it sound better if I just cut and strip a pair of RCA's and splice them right into the wires for the Bose? If so, won't I likely have noise issues?

Dakkerz 09-14-2006 10:47 PM

Haha, I'm going to install a Basslink this weekend as well. As for the LOC you're asking about, I think it has to be one that converts a differential-balanced signal into a single-ended signal..... unless the amp on the basslink accepts differential-balanced inputs (which I'm unsure if it does).

Heres a link that might explain better, he also discusses splicing with a RCA cable.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/86249-upgrading-sound-system-keeping-stock-hu.html

Hope that helps. I'm still looking for a suitable LOC locally. As far as the wire colors you asked about they are correct according to this link

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=basslink

MDE83 09-15-2006 08:51 AM

Thanks!

From what I have read around here, I think Infinity amps will convert the differential signals to the differential Balanced signal to an ended signal. Now I don't know if the same holds true for the amp in the basslink?

Thinking of trying this without the LOC to see if it works...but I am not sure where to get the twisted braided RCA's??

I'm putting off my install for a couple weeks until I have some time off. I want to take my time doing this and don't want to have to squeeze it all into 2 hours or so that I can spare on the weekend...

Let me know if you find an LOC...and I will let you know if not using the LOC works ok (once I find the RCA's).

Dakkerz 09-15-2006 09:45 AM

Ok sounds good. I'm going to be running the power cable from the battery tomorrow and splicing into the remote and 6x9 speaker wires as well with a regular LOC a friend is letting me test out. If it works I'll let you know, if not I'll let you know which one I had to order. From what I've read soundgate has some that will convert the signal I think the model #'s are LOCB.2 and LOCPREA.

Dakkerz 09-16-2006 06:05 PM

Ok so far so good on just using a regular LOC. I'll know more after a weekend of driving around and listening to various types of music. Gives some nice low end to the bose system.

MDE83 09-17-2006 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dakkerz
Ok so far so good on just using a regular LOC. I'll know more after a weekend of driving around and listening to various types of music. Gives some nice low end to the bose system.

Cool, so that means the Infinity amp converts the signals. I guess its ok to either use the regular LOC or twisted braided RCA's.

How did running the power wire go? Any major problems? What did you use to plug the hole you made in the grommet by the battery?

I may do that project next weekend. Spent this weekend washing, claying, and Zainoing the car...

Dakkerz 09-18-2006 04:38 PM

Running the power cable was probably the biggest PIA of the project. The grommet was a lot thicker than I thought it was going to be. Also you have to remember to not only remove the battery cover, but also the plastic cover that runs along the passenger side of the front windsheild. (there are to tabs you have to remove for that cover). I pretty much just used the write up from the second link I posted on here a few days ago to do the rest.

As for the grommet I used a little bit of black silicone to seal it up.

Good luck with the install. Just send me a PM if you have any other questions once you start.

MDE83 09-19-2006 09:25 AM

Cool, Thanks.

So how does it sound? Is it worth the effort? I'm sure it would have some punch if you leave the back seat folded down, but does it do anything with the seat up? I may do it this weekend if I get ambitious enough. If not it will be next weekend for sure... but I still have to get the LOC or twisted braided RCA's...

Saw your car this morning. Looks sharp. Noticed the yellow calipers and the louvered side markers. I think that must be yours anyway...

Dakkerz 09-19-2006 09:32 AM

If this is the car you saw then yes thats mine.

I have an 06 front bumper now and a trunk emblem on the SP grill. The black headlight overlays are gone as well.

Still don't think I've seen your G35 around yet.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...z/DSC00447.jpg

The basslink sounds pretty good with the seats up, it's definitely a noticed improvement. I have the gain and bass boost only turned up 60% or so on both so theres room to make it a bit louder if desired.

MDE83 09-19-2006 10:19 AM

Yeah,that is definitely the car I saw. Before I read what you posted with the pic I said to myself that I did not remember the headlight overlays and the grill had the Infiniti emblem.

As for my car, if you come out of your lot on the side opposite of Main street (cant think of the name of the road) where the gate is, you will be looking at the lot where my car is. Usually its the first car you will see at the entrance drive (on Tuesays-Thurs), but some white Camry beat me to it today so I parked next to it... but its 100% stock. Tint will come first, then clears, then not much else. Havent decided on the clear bra yet but noticed when I waxed the car this weekend it already has 3 chips. So if I wait much longer I might as well not bother...

Dakkerz 09-19-2006 12:42 PM

That sucks you've gotten rock chips already. I've only had my SP grill for a couple months and I already have a rock chip as well from a trip to Orlando.

Saw your IP coupe sitting out there earlier when I was leaving to go down to Port Charlotte. I love that color, sometimes I wish I opted for IP but then again there's nothing like a freshly cleaned OB...... well for the 30 minutes that it actually stays clean :rolleyes:

Boostedef 09-23-2006 02:33 PM

so are you guys happy with your basslinks ?
So did you end up using a LOC or the twisted RCA's?

Dakkerz 09-23-2006 02:42 PM

I've been happy with my basslink for the week or so that I've been listening to it.

FortyTwo 09-24-2006 10:47 PM

I have a basslink (II) as well, and have been happy with it. Its been in for a few months. It was a simple install, I used a PAC LOC that plugged into the HU.

How do you guys have the basslink secured in the trunk?