Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Newest Stealth G35 install done :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Newest Stealth G35 install done :)

well, just got finished with the newest G35 stealth install...this time in a brand new 07 Coupe.

The goals:

1. superb sound quality
2. not loose a single ounce of trunk space
3. a little bit of show factor

well, the main challenge for htis car, acutally, is my self I am determined to not do the same install twice, yet there is very limited amount of space avaiable in the G coupe for a full stealth install, when i am using basically the same subs, same amp and speakers as two of my previous stealth G installs, it makes it much tougher, as there are only so many ways to fit those things in the trunk well..

anyway, lets get started:

upfront, the customer supplied an alpine IVA-W205 double din headunit, this was installed via the dd finisher, the alpine presented a challenge becusae it comes with a gigantic trim ring that cannot be cut and doesnt come close to fitting. so i made one with a thin sheet of abs plastic...the HU is also mounted to be flush with the opening. the DLS remote bass control resides in the ashtray area, and the ipod cable was routed to the glovebox. the stock nav voice was fully retained, it passes through the bose amp and talks out of hte back quater panel speaker (car is front stage only for sound), and is quite loud

front stage is a set of DLS ultimate iridium 6.3 3 way comp set, as usual, the midbass goes int he stock door location and the entire door is dampened and sealed, while the midrange and tweets are flushed into the kicks:

moving to the trunk, here is the normal view of the trunk, in stealth mode, as you can see, NOTHING shows

pull the carpet off and here is hwat it looks like, a fake floor was constructed in the center wheel well area. with three grilles, the floor is vinly covered:

now, going back to the need to create something different...here is hte end result. obviously the theme here is metal. the DLS reference RA50 5 channel amp with its titanium colored heatsink sits upfront, while two image dynamics ID10 subs sit on a aluminum baffle, whcih was hand sanded a bit to give it an industrial look, while another alum baffle holds my logo towards hte back i arranged things a little differently than before also putting hte subs behind the amp versus the other way. but in general, gives it a unique look compared to my installs in the past on the sme car with the same subs

overall, it sounds very good, as in the past cases with the same gear...but i am beginning to worry about what to do next when another G coupe comes around asking for hte same kind of install with the same gear lol

Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts
thats nice! how much for something like that done to the trunk?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 PM
hard to say just the trunk, the entire caf's labor including EVERYTHING (HU, door dampening etc etc) plus cost of wiring from me is a little over 1k

b

Old 08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
hard to say just the trunk, the entire caf's labor including EVERYTHING (HU, door dampening etc etc) plus cost of wiring from me is a little over 1k

b
WHere do i sign up . how long did the install take?

Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 PM
www.simplicityinsound.com look through and email me if you want throuh the schedule and appointment page

infact, i will be down in LA three times next month to pick up cars hehe

but you gotta wait, my schedule is booked into november i almots always run a 2-3 months waiting list...

b

Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice....nice attention to detail....

Is there the same amont of space for wires behind the HVAC unit as in the older models? just curious..

doc

Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
yeah about the same...whcih is to say not a lot as always heheh

b

Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I am the owner of this one... and I must say... the system blows me away.

This is not the first custom car audio system I have owned, but it definitely is the cleanest, best sounding, and best looking of them. The clarity at both low and high volumes is fantastic, and the sound is contained nicely at the higher volumes. The car does not rattle, shake, and set off alarms down the street even at very high volumes which is huge to me. I can't wait until the speakers are fully broken in...

Anybody looking for an installer around the bay area would be a fool not to hit Bing up. He's a great guy, professional, reasonable, and he delivers... what more could you really ask for?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
looks VERY good. HOTTTT

Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent job...if I lived in the area I'd def. have you work on my car.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
hella sick....

Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
How is the stage height with the new kicks? Does it seem to produce a rainbow effect (The soundstage lowers when the sound moves to the right or left but remains high on the dash when in the center?). Right now I am running dash pods for my mids and tweets, but I get some windshield reflections I don't really want.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by digitalhifinet
How is the stage height with the new kicks? Does it seem to produce a rainbow effect (The soundstage lowers when the sound moves to the right or left but remains high on the dash when in the center?). Right now I am running dash pods for my mids and tweets, but I get some windshield reflections I don't really want.

the state height is about i would say 3-6 inches above the dash, depending on the song of course...sa for rainbowing, not a lot acutally, though without time alignment, it is slightly pulled to the listener side interms of imaging.

what speakres are you running in your dash pods? do you have some pics?

b

Old 08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work as always!!!!

I have a question for ya 16, when doing components is this everything I would need.

Components
Amp
Amp Kit
Spacers Would these work?
Some line leveler thing??

Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM
if you are talking about adding it to a stock headunit? or aftermarket? if stock you need a line out converter or an amp that accepts highlevel (sepaker level) inputs, if its an aftaremarket, make usre of course your amp kit has speaker wire and rcas, not all of htem come with it...

other htan, tools and screws lol

b

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newest Stealth G35 install done :)