Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think i have run out of new designs fo stealth G install featuring 1amp, 2subs lol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I think i have run out of new designs fo stealth G install featuring 1amp, 2subs lol

well, i knew it was bound to happen, despite my vow never to repeat an install, there was just only so many ways i can fit a RA50 5 channel amp, two 10" subs, and other misc stuff in a wheel well of a G coupe lol...

from now on, any future G stealth installs with similar eqiupment would probably get more or less color and trim material changes hhee

anyway...enough of that...

goals as usual:

1. great sound quality
2. total stealth when hidden away
3. lose zero trunk space

car is a 07 G coupe.

lets get started:

upfront, the customer had already installed a alpine 205, i simply redrilled the mounting bracket and more or less flushed it with the opening. the remote bass controller for the DLS RA50 amp is in the ashtray as usual:

the new front stage consists of a set of DLS ultimate Iridium 6.3 three way comp set, same ole same old midbass in the lower door, entire door dampened with Edead UE, mid and tweet flushed into the stock kicks:

moving onto the trunk, here is a view that i might as well have taken from one of the previous installs: zero trunk space lost, zero part of the install showing

remove the carpet, three cutouts with full covers on them stare at you. the entire fake floor is trimmed in black suede. all the opening and cover edges were slant routed for effect...

sorry for hte dark pics, it gets dark awfully early now

and here is the system revealed. after talking it over with the customer, we decided to go wtih a rather dark, sinister black on black look for the trim. around the two image dynamics ID10s and the logo is black CF vinyl. and the RA50 is upfront under a similar opening. though its very hard to tell from the picture due to lighting, th shiny CF vinyl relaly does stand out quite a bit against the more dull black vinyl

well thats it, you guys are prolly bored from seeing stealth G installs from me hehe, but as usual, it does sound quite good

b

Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow another great install

Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
nice install....do you want to give up 0 trunk space because that is your preference or customers? I hope I never need it, but I would rather have my spare and lose some trunk space than have it all and no spare.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
16psibrick, i think we need to talk about doing me a system.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by kernel843
nice install....do you want to give up 0 trunk space because that is your preference or customers? I hope I never need it, but I would rather have my spare and lose some trunk space than have it all and no spare.

i do waht ever the customer tells me in the end.

but i have been doing sparetire well installs for a long itme.

my opinion is always that on short trips, a can of fixaflat and a AAA card is all you need, and on long trips, just throw the spare on top...both option costs less than if someone sees your stereo and rips you off...or in the case of the G, the loss of any additional trunk space in an already tiny trunk

the one thing i aboslutely always avoid, is doing an install that while not needing to remove the spare, makes getting to it very difficult...so i have done a few installs that doenst remove the spare and keep sit completley acccessible

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/125963-one-more-g35-install-you-guys-pics-here.html

or

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/138819-maximum-trunk-space-saving-install-no-spare-tire-removal-06-g-coupe.html

but yeah, as someone who has been driving around without a spare for over 10 years...i guess i am used to it myself

b

Old 11-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about using the space above where the old subs go ???

Old 11-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrooge
that area is way to small for a sub...

Old 11-08-2007, 03:56 AM
You don't know. Just think of a way to put it there.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:00 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Looks great

Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Scrooge

as in on top of hte rear deck???

uh...i think tsh probably way beyond anyhing i can do to make it look or sound any good

remember., car audio is like any car related mod, you usually gotta give up something to gain something...it all comes down to what you are willing to give up, and it varies from person to person

b

Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Where can one buy DLS car audio?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
the one thing i aboslutely always avoid, is doing an install that while not needing to remove the spare, makes getting to it very difficult...so i have done a few installs that doenst remove the spare and keep sit completley acccessible

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125963

or

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138819
I may have to copy one of these for my setup

Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
you can get it through me here on the forum what ever you , please do not buy on ebay, with fake, b stock and serial numbers removed stuff just send me a PM

b

Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Another clean stalth install. Definately one of the best installers I've seen on this site.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice work as always!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I think i have run out of new designs fo stealth G install featuring 1amp, 2subs lol