Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

05 G35x Aux installation problems

Old 04-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 G35x Aux installation problems

Hello all,
I've been struggling with my G35x for awhile now. I want nothing more but to add an Aux to my car, but have ran into a few issues...
To begin, I looked at buying one of the stereo replacement kits and then throwing a double din in. I feel I have the know-how to do this, but the price turns me away every time I seriously consider it.
After that, I tried using a radio amplifier to broadcast my phone over the radio, but with that, I found it to be quite ugly, and just bulky in general. ( I know, I am OCD )
So I finally wandered upon this . . .
https://gromaudio.com/store/aux1_ada...emulation.html
I looked at the specs, and it said that the requirement is for there to CAT/SAT on the radio. I assume this means satellite radio -- which my car does not have.
From here, I searched the forums for a solution, but it seems that everyone has a mildly different situation than me. Some have the CD switcher in the trunk, or some have the satellite radio.
I have a Bose stereo in the infiniti g35x sedan 2005, with no satellite radio, and my CD changer is in the front of the car in the stereo.
I know this has probably been beaten to death on the forum, but I have searched for hours, and found no solution that would work for me. Any help would be incredible.
Thank you,
-Squirrel

Old 04-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
The following users liked this post:
blindsquirrel (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Squirrel you'll probably hear this again but bite the bullet and get an aftermarket DD kit and radio. Your POS stock unit will crap the bed at some point and spending more money at this point is just throwing money down the drain. This issue is my #1 biggest gripe about our cars. The stock Bose is crap, hell my old 01 Maxima had a stock Bose system that was really good and those cars rarely had issues with the system.

I amassed parts for a new system over almost a year and when I finally installed it I would say it was potentially the best mod that I had ever done. And that car had thousands of dollars in mods on it.

The following users liked this post:
blindsquirrel (04-10-2018)