Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive seat will move forward but not backward, help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive seat will move forward but not backward, help please

Hello, I have a 2003.5 g35 sedan. Recently the driver electronic seat wouldn't move backwards but if I moved it up a little bit then it would move backwards. This weekend we moved it forward and it will not move backwards at all anymore. The up and down on the seat are both working too. What could be the problem and how could I fix this? Is there anyway to move it manually for now if not?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
The power seats have 3 motors; 1 to move fwd & back, 1 for height, and 1 for tilt. Sounds like one of the motors are done. Unfortunately Infiniti does not sell the motors separately you have the buy the whole seat bottom from and all 3 new motors = $$$$.

I would suggest calling some wreckers to see if they have any motors available from wrecked G35 sedans or you can try putting up a WTB listing, or you can see if anyone is selling coupe seats (your chance to upgrade)

Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gordon
The power seats have 3 motors; 1 to move fwd & back, 1 for height, and 1 for tilt. Sounds like one of the motors are done. Unfortunately Infiniti does not sell the motors separately you have the buy the whole seat bottom from and all 3 new motors = $$$$.

I would suggest calling some wreckers to see if they have any motors available from wrecked G35 sedans or you can try putting up a WTB listing, or you can see if anyone is selling coupe seats (your chance to upgrade)

How would the motor be done for if it is still moving forward? It just wont go backwards so right now its stuck forward and its incredibly cramped to sit in.

If this is the case there are several large auto recycle type places near me.

Can the driver seat be switched with the passanger seat (manual movement not electrical) or is there a way to move the driver seat back manually so I can at least be comfortable now?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i thought mine were done once

try holding the button kinda hard in the direction you want it to go

mine had some kinda dirt or food or something

I held the button and it cracked or something, and now the seat works great