G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   If you're having trouble with your Metra 95-7605 HVAC controller READ THIS! (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/357232-if-youre-having-trouble-your-metra-95-7605-hvac-controller-read.html)

comsatcat 11-12-2010 01:53 AM

If you're having trouble with your Metra 95-7605 HVAC controller READ THIS!

Just finished installing the Metra 95-7605 Metra dash kit and came across a bit of information from the Metra tech I spoke with due to some HVAC controller issues I was having.

First, before doing anything else, don't buy a Metra dash kit if you haven't yet. The buttons look like ****, function like ****, and the finish doesn't match (the color does, the "brushed aluminum" look is missing so it does not look like a factory finish) ...

Now with that said, I wired mine up, went to test it only to find out the rear defroster button was the only one doing anything (it would light up, but it didn't appear to be working at all even). Thus, I called Metra to trouble shoot.

Long story short, after checking the AC sensor, reseating cables everywhere, and reviewing the field service tech manuals and a quick call later to Metra, it turned out there was a jumper missing on the Metra HVAC circuit board.

The fix follows...

1. Find yourself a jumper, any jumper, can be off a hard drive, anything (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumper_(computing) if you don't have any clue what a jumper is).
2. Unscrew the 4 screws on the black plastic cover that is attached to the back of the Metra dash kit.
3. Remove the black cover by lifting it up to expose the circuit board.
4. Look for a series of 6 pins (in a 3x2 grid) sticking up off the circuit board with small white lettering by them saying "Opt 1, Opt 2, Opt 3".
5. Place the jumper on the two pins under Opt 1.
6. Screw your black plastic cover back on and give it a test, your HVAC controler should now work fine!

Note that I was also told by the tech that on some earlier models (pre 2005) of the G35, there were not supposed to be any jumpers installed at all. So if you have any jumpers on your circuit board and your G35 is pre 2005, you can try removing all the jumpers and testing... no idea if this will screw things up, so do this at our own risk. A quick call to Metra will get you the answer you need however.

Hope this helps and make it sticky!

Wrathernaut 11-12-2010 07:29 AM

Not sure if it warrants a sticky on its own, but I'm linking this in my DDin sticky.

Thanks for doing the research.

blazeplacid 11-12-2010 09:57 AM

I made a post about this issue a few years ago

its kinda crappy they dont put that in the instructions

jlb0716 04-01-2014 06:24 PM

It works

I have an 06 MT and it worked splendidly! Thank you!

Jozze 01-28-2019 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by comsatcat (Post 5476355)
Just finished installing the Metra 95-7605 Metra dash kit and came across a bit of information from the Metra tech I spoke with due to some HVAC controller issues I was having.

First, before doing anything else, don't buy a Metra dash kit if you haven't yet. The buttons look like ****, function like ****, and the finish doesn't match (the color does, the "brushed aluminum" look is missing so it does not look like a factory finish) ...

Now with that said, I wired mine up, went to test it only to find out the rear defroster button was the only one doing anything (it would light up, but it didn't appear to be working at all even). Thus, I called Metra to trouble shoot.

Long story short, after checking the AC sensor, reseating cables everywhere, and reviewing the field service tech manuals and a quick call later to Metra, it turned out there was a jumper missing on the Metra HVAC circuit board.

The fix follows...

1. Find yourself a jumper, any jumper, can be off a hard drive, anything (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumper_(computing) if you don't have any clue what a jumper is).
2. Unscrew the 4 screws on the black plastic cover that is attached to the back of the Metra dash kit.
3. Remove the black cover by lifting it up to expose the circuit board.
4. Look for a series of 6 pins (in a 3x2 grid) sticking up off the circuit board with small white lettering by them saying "Opt 1, Opt 2, Opt 3".
5. Place the jumper on the two pins under Opt 1.
6. Screw your black plastic cover back on and give it a test, your HVAC controler should now work fine!

Note that I was also told by the tech that on some earlier models (pre 2005) of the G35, there were not supposed to be any jumpers installed at all. So if you have any jumpers on your circuit board and your G35 is pre 2005, you can try removing all the jumpers and testing... no idea if this will screw things up, so do this at our own risk. A quick call to Metra will get you the answer you need however.

Hope this helps and make it sticky!

What size is the shunt jumpers?