Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

IPOD integration help...

Old 04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
IPOD integration help...

So here it is guys...I've tried to search all over to find an answer but my wireless is messed up and my phone isnt working the best so hopefully someone can give me a little help here...I am trying to integrate my 4th Gen IPOD touch into my 05' coupe. A friend of mine said it should just work with a N-iPAV from Navone, however after recieving the set up from them, it seems like i still need a cord to integrate into the back of the radio. Am i wrong in thinking this? If anyone could guide me to the cord that i would need that would be awesome or give me a little guidance here that would be great. Sorry when it comes to integrating IPOD im a complete idiot and have no experience with this stuff. THANKS!!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 PM
bueller....bueller...anyone...anyone??

Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok i have never used this n-ipav thing but it seems straight forward so i am a bit confused on your question. Were you thinking that there would be no cords to connect? The one i am looking at seems like it plugs into the antenna jack on the stock radio. Are you looking just for an FM modulator that doesn't require you to take out the radio or is this kit you got a different unit than the one i am seeing?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 AM
im just wondering if it is something that just hooks up to the back of the radio. i assumed it did, but when i went to install it with a friend, who was an infiniti mechanic for many years, he said it would not work and that i was missing a wire. on the unit from navone, there are three connectors, a yellow, white and red. Im assuming these were the wires he said would not match up. So i am wondering if he is just wrong and that these three wires will plus in. I know that the black and red wires are to connect to power and ground, but it is the three other wires/connectors that i am not sure on. (Maybe i just need to find a new guy for advice on audio)

Also, i am a little confused on how the unit works. I DO NOT have a sat radio, so is this something where i just plug the IPOD in when i want to use it, and then if i want to use the radio i just unplug it?

I have tried e-mailing them, but the replies i have gotten are vary vague, and havent really helped me out at all (probably because my questions are pretty simple and if i had any clue what i was doing i would be able to figure this out). I am new to Infinitis and am just a little confused on these two things. I may just take it to a audio installer here in town and see what he can do instead of trying to do this myself.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

Last edited by PERKS11; 04-23-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok it sounds like you have an RCA unit. http://www.davidnavone.com/images/ipod/iPodHome3.jpg Does it look like this?
If so it will not work unless you get an aftermarket radio which has RCA inputs which would be irrelevant since most aftermarket radios support ipods anyways without the rcas.

The one it sounds like you would want is the one listed as the "N-724 will add the stereo audio signal from your iPod, iPhone, MP3 Player, etc., into the FM antenna circuit of your mobile radio. When not in use, the N-724 has a mechanical relay to connect the factory antenna directly into the radio� This means that when you are not using the N-724, your radio will get 100% of the FM signal" Again zero experience using that and i dont know if you would need an adapter to get that to work with our power antennas or not.

So it seems like your best options are to upgrade the radio, get an fm modulator or get one of the ipod adapters that people use on stock radios. Now i spent my time researching aftermarket radios so maybe someone with one of these units can chime in but i believe the PA11-NIS would work with our without sat or the PAC AAI-NIS2 from this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...irius-sat.html

Old 04-24-2011, 12:10 PM
thanks foxx for all the help. i have read those threads, and it looks like thats what i will end up going with (hope they can charge the newer IPODs). Just wasnt sure if there was some way that i could make this unit work. Once again thanks!