Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Climate Control/Radio Repair DIY

Old 02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
sorry abou tthat, i looked through and couldnt find the part where it says oem radio. damm. ill call metra

Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This fix WORKS

I registered to tell you folks, or reassure those who may be doubters, that this fix works.

My son just bought a 2003 G35 sedan with the common radio dead\heater controls dead condition. Last night we pulled the dash apart and I re-soldered the questionable resistors. Tonight we put it all back together and everything works! My son is thrilled. I'm thrilled. I thank everyone on this board for the help by first of all, isolating the condition, and second, providing a fix. Unbelievable. I'm so grateful.

Anyway, next on my list is isolating and repairing the airbag light which is on all the time. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's my son putting things back together. Notice all the displays working!

Radio working great

Old 05-21-2015, 10:09 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
The airbag light is usually due to a poor connection in my experience. I resolved it by ziptying the connectors together and resetting it. (This is what they do at the dealer believe it or not, although they also add glue)

Originally Posted by Semis57
I registered to tell you folks, or reassure those who may be doubters, that this fix works.

My son just bought a 2003 G35 sedan with the common radio dead\heater controls dead condition. Last night we pulled the dash apart and I re-soldered the questionable resistors. Tonight we put it all back together and everything works! My son is thrilled. I'm thrilled. I thank everyone on this board for the help by first of all, isolating the condition, and second, providing a fix. Unbelievable. I'm so grateful.

Anyway, next on my list is isolating and repairing the airbag light which is on all the time. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's my son putting things back together. Notice all the displays working!

Radio working great

The following users liked this post:
Semis57 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
My airbag light was on intermittently for about a month, doing the reset by cycling the key worked to keep it coming back for over a year now. I didn't have to zip-tie or otherwise mess with the connection under the seat either.

The following users liked this post:
Semis57 (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. I should not have added the airbag light to this post. I'll repost that query elsewhere.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Stereo

Guys,

Need to revive this thread. I am having an issue with the 2005 G35 Bose stereo. Basically I can turn it on with the steering wheel controls and sometimes with the faceplate buttons but then it turns off. I can cycle it a bunch of times and sometimes it will stay on for about 5 minutes or more but then it turns off again. Based on your knowledge of how these units work, what could be the culprit? Note: when it does turn on everything works fine however sometimes the face plate buttons will be unresponsive, sometimes not. Any ideas?

Model # PP-2665D-A P/N28185 AC705

I have attached the service manual for this part.

Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: rar

Last edited by nwellinghoff; 04-11-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having the same issues but I don't have an OEM stereo.

My thread is here - https://g35driver.com/forums/general...ml#post7055317

I suppose its the metra board judging by a couple responses in the thread.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO THIS REPAIR ACTUALLY WORKS! I am so happy that everyone has been able to share this information. Time to turn the temperature down from 75 deg F. If you are unsure of what to solder, just poke around with a small flat head screwdriver. What ever moves, hit with some solder.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:43 AM
2011 m37x

would this work for this radio as well. I have the exact same issue. I can use the radio but my climate controls doesn't work stuck at 80

Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by rn4emp
would this work for this radio as well. I have the exact same issue. I can use the radio but my climate controls doesn't work stuck at 80
Honestly, there is a big difference in the head units for the newer models. However, you can't go wrong with taking out the stereo and seeing what you can find. Make sure you properly document/keep track of all the screws you take apart. I labeled my stereo components with painter's tape as I took it apart on my table.

A thought, what I ended up doing (even though I had these instructions), was poking around with a small flat head screwdriver, I was able to find the few loose resistors. Worth a try for your stereo head unit.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Any luck? Any suggestions you could send my way?

have a 2005 infiniti g35 and the back windshield was busted out of it... Which is almost completely fixed now. On the rear window there are 2 metal like clips that attach to one side and then one clip for the drivers side... Well, problem is, on the new window i installed doesnt have the clip on the window to attach it correctly. I was able to take the piece off of the old windshield, but Im a girl... I have no idea how to ""sauder"" the metal piece to my windshield correctly without messing something else up. Ever since the back windshield was busted out and i went over a bump in the road, my entire climate control system stopped working. My radio works just fine, display, display lights, sound, all buttons on the radio and radio controls on the stearing wheel.... On the other hand... No heat, no air, the buttons do not work or light up for the climate control, and the temperature display, thats on both sides of my clock aren't lighting up or working either (but the light on the clock works i think) also... NO HEATED SEATS ANYMORE... (BUMMER) The lights that used to light up when i would push the button to turn on the heated seats don't even light up anymore!! Any suggestions???? Please help i love my car but it's driving me crazy, also DANGEROUS, having no kind of defrost at all. ALSO, My car will not shift out of park unless i push a tiny screwdriver down in the over ride thinggy (every single time i need to shift it out of park)! Every single one of these problems HAPPENED ALL AT ONCE!!!! Have you had any luck? Do you have any suggestions?? I'm in desperate need of advice or some kind of help. PLEASE!!!!
**I DO NOT HAVE A TAPE PLAYER OR NAVIGATION SYSTEM** (SO IDK IF THE RIBBON TRICK WOULD WORK)

Radio sound, lights, controls, cd changer, and the stearing whewl controls work... Nothing for the heat and air though??

Old 03-12-2018, 06:53 AM
First check your fuses, for it not to come out of park it sounds like the brake light fuse is blown. Might be some others blown there as well. See if you have brake lights.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you have a few issues here. I had the no defroster issue too. Check the fuses first, i was messing with my heated seat buttons when I wanted to fix an LED in them and blew like 3 fuses b/c I had made a short to gound. Then you need to make sure that you shifter is installed correctly. I recall once I was working on my G35 radio, finished everything up, and I couldn't shift it out of park. Turns out my shifter wasn't pressed down all the way, even though it looked like it was.

Next, with the radio defroster thing....you probably need to take out the radio and resolder the 3 resistors mentioned earlier in this thread. If that is too daunting, have a friend do it. It will need to be done anyway b/c Clarion (the Mfg of the radio) had little Q/C on the dumb thing. One quick thing you can try to do before taking the entire radio apart is wiggle the little ribbon cable on the lower right of the back side of the radio assembly, mine was never installed securely and contributed to the do radio controls problem. When I jostled it, all the controls came back and I was back in business (granted this was after I had resoldered the 3 resistors too)

Old 01-04-2020, 02:27 PM
g35
where does one purchase the r508,r509,r510 resistors for board repair?
thanks

Old 01-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
search for "digikey" in this tread and there will be some links

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Climate Control/Radio Repair DIY