Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Constant power for gauges?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Constant power for gauges?

Hi forum

I'm installing AEM gauges. The boost gauge is being problematic. It powers up but doesn't display boost levels. I have checked the vacuum hose and it is flowing freely. The sending unit also checks out ok.

I have read that this problem *may* be fixed by powering the gauge from a 12V circuit that remains constant during cranking.

Apparently what happens is the gauge resets during cranking, so it doesn't calibrate for the vacuum it's receiving.

Where can I find a 12V circuit that isn't interrupted by cranking, but will shut off when the ignition is turned off? Obviously I don't want my gauge to be on all the time; it'll drain the battery AND look stupid doing it.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I know the windows will still go up/down and headlights can stay on during cranking (and go off with ign off). Have a look/think around what stays on when you crank the engine over and which circuit is the easiest to tap in to.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
There's a 40a fusable link under the hood that I *think* is the circuit for the windows.

Anyone know for sure?

As far as I can tell the windows don't have a dedicated fuse in any of the other panels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.