Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So there is no version for the 06 sedan?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by $Carnage$
So there is no version for the 06 sedan?
Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did one. I'd love for somebody to get detailed measurements on the controls, since they seem to have gone for stock dimensions. Might be an exact or slightly modified fit to use them with the 06 stock trim and just cut out the radio opening.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scosche Kit

Hmpf I got my factory radio replaced yesterday. Install was fine and the radio is great (Pioneer AVH2330NEX) but the dash kit from Scosche is a horrible match for my car. The installer says they installed the II1652GMB-Gun Metal (Dual Zone Climate) kit and gave me the box that shows that code but it isn’t even close to the color that it should be.

Anyone else have this issue with the Scosche dash kit?

I'm mad I didn't just go with black like Emotion Lotion. At least that looks like it was done on purpose. Not sure what to do now.

AWFUL color match

AWFUL color match

Old 01-31-2018, 02:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pkdesign
Hmpf I got my factory radio replaced yesterday. Install was fine and the radio is great (Pioneer AVH2330NEX) but the dash kit from Scosche is a horrible match for my car. The installer says they installed the II1652GMB-Gun Metal (Dual Zone Climate) kit and gave me the box that shows that code but it isn’t even close to the color that it should be.

I'm mad I didn't just go with black like Emotion Lotion. At least that looks like it was done on purpose. Not sure what to do now.

AWFUL color match

AWFUL color match

I did a vinyl wrap on mine. Looks awesome.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:46 PM

AWFUL color match

AWFUL color match
Thank you for posting - that is crazy! I would take it back to the installer and insist he either swap it out for a matching unit (maybe pewter is the correct color?) or vinyl wrap it as suggested below!

I too am looking to get a Scosche kit that will match my 03 silver dash, but have been unsure which color to go. At least now I know GM is not the color! Will hopefully be able to figure out if Pewter is correct, or bite the bullet and get the JDM kit.

Attached Thumbnails Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-103_0398_r2.jpg  
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 PM
I'm totally pissed about it. I have yet to hear back from Scosche. The "Gun Metal" version is the lightest, silver gray they sell if you look at their website. Since I have the titanium silver dash (which it looks like you have as well), I figured it would be the correct one. As I said in my email to them, there isn’t even a hint of brownish tones in any of the dash kits on their web site.

At this point, I can't recommend buying the Scosche dash kit to anyone. And I HATE the look of the Metra kit. I would tell you to pony up the bucks and get the OEM if you want to be sure it's right.

I've contacted the installer (Car Tunes Atlanta) with my concerns. I'm hoping not to have a drag out fight with them about this. They also did not use the PAC ROEM-NIS2 harness and the radio sounds awful. They used the harness that came with the Scosche kit.

Sigh. Why can’t people just do the job right in the first place?! I'm going to have to find a friend who has a garage I can work in next time and do it my damn self!

Old 02-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by PuvMan
Thank you for posting - that is crazy! I would take it back to the installer and insist he either swap it out for a matching unit (maybe pewter is the correct color?) or vinyl wrap it as suggested below!

I too am looking to get a Scosche kit that will match my 03 silver dash, but have been unsure which color to go. At least now I know GM is not the color! Will hopefully be able to figure out if Pewter is correct, or bite the bullet and get the JDM kit.
The color on that kit is no shade of gunmetal that has ever existed.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wrathernaut:
cleric670 (02-03-2018), PuvMan (04-21-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The color on that kit is no shade of gunmetal that has ever existed.
Have you seen the inside of the gun barrel after you've put a thousand or so rounds through it? Maybe it's THAT shade of "gunmetal".

The following users liked this post:
PuvMan (04-21-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Have you seen the inside of the gun barrel after you've put a thousand or so rounds through it? Maybe it's THAT shade of "gunmetal".
I don't know what it's called, but I know the shade it is when it takes a man's life.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Spoke to installer this morning and he agreed the color is off and he is speaking with his Scosche rep to get a resolution. I never got a response from Scosche. We'll see.

He said that the PAC-ROEM-NIS2 "runs hot" as he said. That the volume would be high by the time it got to level 1 or 2. Sounds like BS to me, but he did say that is what he would do.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Spoke to installer this morning and he agreed the color is off and he is speaking with his Scosche rep to get a resolution. I never got a response from Scosche. We'll see.

He said that the PAC-ROEM-NIS2 "runs hot" as he said. That the volume would be high by the time it got to level 1 or 2. Sounds like BS to me, but he did say that is what he would do.

Any thoughts?
I had a shop call their Scosche rep - the rep confirmed the website does a horrible job representing the colors, and that for the titanium silver interior you need the Pewter kit. I'm still skeptical until I see it in person though......

Dropping the coin on the JDM kit is looking more and more worthwhile!

Old 02-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Wow man, thanks for checking on that for me! At least now I have some more info when dealing with my installer.

Scosche should really make those distinctions clear. How are we suppose to know how their naming convention matches with Infiniti's?

Old 02-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Any thoughts?
If you've got the bose amplifier, you use the ROEM-NIS2.

Point him at my DDin install thread with its mountain of confirmed installs if he thinks he knows this particular car better.

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 02-06-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:15 AM
pkdesign is exactly right, I wish I had read this before ordering on Car ID. The picture makes it look like Gun Metal is the match I need for the black interior with silver radio trim. So that's what I ordered, however, when it came, it looks like it matches the beige interior with grey radio trim. So I sent it back and now there's an extra charge to switch it out! All website's I have seen misrepresent the color. Pewter is the lightest/shiny silver. Gun metal is the medium-grey. and Charcoal is the dark grey/black.

btw, Car ID does military AND veteran 10% discount...

The following users liked this post:
PuvMan (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by MM3Herb
pkdesign is exactly right, I wish I had read this before ordering on Car ID. The picture makes it look like Gun Metal is the match I need for the black interior with silver radio trim. So that's what I ordered, however, when it came, it looks like it matches the beige interior with grey radio trim. So I sent it back and now there's an extra charge to switch it out! All website's I have seen misrepresent the color. Pewter is the lightest/shiny silver. Gun metal is the medium-grey. and Charcoal is the dark grey/black.

btw, Car ID does military AND veteran 10% discount...
Would you mind posting a picture when you receive your pewter kit?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend