Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend

Old 02-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm getting the reinstall done today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out right this time. Will post pictures when it's done.

EDIT 5:30pm
—————
Well they finally got it right! I am very pleased with the results. Not only did they get the dash kit right, but after trashing the adapter that came with the Scosche kit and installing the PAC ROEM NIS2, the sound is awesome in my car! There is a very tiny fitment issue at the top right where it meets the dash but I can live with that. I probably just have to push it in all the way to get the tabs to click in.

EDIT 10-13-21: Yes, the tabs just needed to be pushed in!

All in all, Cartunes really did right by me and honestly guaranteed their installation. I only had to pay for the PAC ROEM NIS2. They said that Scosche provided them with the dash kit and that it wasn't even on their website, so I can’t tell you exactly what color it is. Hmm Take that for what's it worth.

Of course, if I were to do this myself, I would have painted the left and right ends since they are black on the factory radio. But, the silver doesn't look bad, and in some ways it feel like something new in my car.

Now, I lust have to go to battle with Pioneer in order for them to update the firmware of the head-unit so AppRadio/AppRadio Live works with an iPhone with iOS11; and doesn’t constantly through an error code when my iPhone is plugged in.

EDIT 10-13-21: Of course Apple Carplay works perfectly well since then!

Attached Thumbnails Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2676-s.jpg   Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2677-s.jpg   Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2678-s.jpg   Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2679-s.jpg   Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2681-s.jpg  

Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2682-s.jpg   Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend-img_2675-s.jpg  

Last edited by pkdesign; 10-13-2021 at 04:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PuvMan (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Look, pkdesign! I'm glad I like it because I got something very similar. The Pioneer AVH-2300 with the scosche kit. Any chance you did a speaker upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade my door speakers as well but don't know what to get. After doing more & more research every day I'm more & more confused.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pkdesign
I'm getting the reinstall done today. Keep your fingers crossed that it works out right this time. Will post pictures when it's done.

—————
Well they finally got it right! I am very pleased with the results. Not only did they get the dash kit right, but after trashing the adapter that came with the Scosche kit and installing the PAC ROEM NIS2, the sound is awesome in my car! There is a very tiny fitment issue at the top right where it meets the dash but I can live with that. I probably just have to push it in all the way to get the tabs to click in.

All in all, Cartunes really did right by me and honestly guaranteed their installation. I only had to pay for the PAC ROEM NIS2. They said that Scosche provided them with the dash kit and that it wasn't even on their website, so I can’t tell you exactly what color it is. Hmm Take that for what's it worth.

Of course, if I were to do this myself, I would have painted the left and right ends since they are black on the factory radio. But, the silver doesn't look bad, and in some ways it feel like something new in my car.

Now, I lust have to go to battle with Pioneer in order for them to update the firmware of the head-unit so AppRadio/AppRadio Live works with an iPhone with iOS11; and doesn’t constantly through an error code when my iPhone is plugged in.
That certainly looks MUCH better! Glad they took care of you, and thank you for sharing!
I will likely go the Scosche route now, knowing we can get one that matches! Good amount of savings over the JDM route.

I also realized the sides are silver instead of black, but that's a minor annoyance. I may look to paint it before install.

Thanks again for sharing and keeping us updated!

pkdesign (02-13-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Still only available for 03/04 though.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Car tunes in largo, fl? Not sure if they are a chain or not..

Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts

—————

Looks great! Glad they listened about the ROEM-NIS2. Tell them they owe Wrathernaut a soda.

pkdesign (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by MM3Herb
Nice Look, pkdesign! I'm glad I like it because I got something very similar. The Pioneer AVH-2300 with the scosche kit. Any chance you did a speaker upgrade? I'm looking to upgrade my door speakers as well but don't know what to get. After doing more & more research every day I'm more & more confused.
No, didn't do the speakers. I am happy with the sound I get with the factory speakers.

Do you have an iPhone? I constantly get an error code. Haven't nailed down exactly when I get it but it seems like when I unplug my phone.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Car tunes in largo, fl? Not sure if they are a chain or not..
Atlanta. They are locally owned so don’t think part of a chain.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Looks great! Glad they listened about the ROEM-NIS2. Tell them they owe Wrathernaut a soda.
Hell, *I* owe you a soda! I wouldn't have known half of what i needed to if it weren't for you

Old 02-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
No, didn't do the speakers. I am happy with the sound I get with the factory speakers.

Do you have an iPhone? I constantly get an error code. Haven't nailed down exactly when I get it but it seems like when I unplug my phone.
Change out the speakers dude. U cant tell how flat they sound until u swap em out with some aftermarket stuff.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Scorpi0

Change out the speakers dude. U cant tell how flat they sound until u swap em out with some aftermarket stuff.
+1
you don't know till you know

Old 02-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PuvMan
I had a shop call their Scosche rep - the rep confirmed the website does a horrible job representing the colors, and that for the titanium silver interior you need the Pewter kit. I'm still skeptical until I see it in person though......

Dropping the coin on the JDM kit is looking more and more worthwhile!
I took this into consideration and ordered the pewter and it was pewter, not titanium silver/gun metal. So now I am exchanging to a gun metal kit. THe feel and finish of the buttons and **** were good quality, though. I will try and post pics. I am either installing the Sony XAV-AX200 or the XAV-AX 5000

Last edited by Sanders630; 02-26-2018 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Unimbed video
Old 02-26-2018, 04:56 PM
The interface of the Sony is SO much better than the Pioneer. I'm begging to be a bit sorry I went with Pioneer. They have issues with iOS11 since Sept 2017 and don't seem all that pressed to fix it.

Be sure to look at my pictures of the gun metal. It is quite tan/brown.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:12 AM
I know and that's why I tried the pewter in reference to the comment. Maybe they did correct it. On carid.com they show two different pics with one looking like the original one and they have another that looks correct. There is a noticeable difference in shade between the two but, the description both say gun metal. I'm still dealing with the exchange process.

I have looked at them in person and found the Sony just right for clean "OE" look.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Ugh, I just got the pewter today and it does not match the titanium silver trim at all. I called Scosche and they said that it is the gun metal that is the correct match. I am in the process of exchanging. I sure hope I don't end up with that willow/tan looking gun metal that pkdesign received. Ugh!!!

Pewter scosche dash kit with flash

Pewter scosche dash kit without flash

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed a Scosche double DIN & Pioneer AVH-4200NEX this weekend