Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Metra single din ac control cable.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metra single din ac control cable.

I ordered a used metra single din unit for my 06 coupe and got it all installed and realized I do not have the cable to connect to the new ac controls on the single din.

I've been searching for hours trying to find a place to purchase this cable, if anyone is selling this cable or can find a listing for it I would appreciate it a lot.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:48 AM
plz god someone

Old 06-02-2018, 12:55 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Have you tried calling Metra to ask if they will sell you the climate control cable separately?

Old 06-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
If you feel like cutting up your factory cable, you can hook it up to the metra CC.

The label on the metra cable reads:
iNFG35EC-10Pin-CAB
PN-820145,Rev.1.1

Old 06-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
If you feel like cutting up your factory cable, you can hook it up to the metra CC.

iNFG35EC-10Pin-CAB
PN-820145,Rev.1.1
I am new to car electronics and electronics in general. Could I get any 10 pin connector and cut off the other end of it and the end of the ac control harness in the car and connect the wires and be good?

Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by FahBreezy
I am new to car electronics and electronics in general. Could I get any 10 pin connector and cut off the other end of it and the end of the ac control harness in the car and connect the wires and be good?
I'm not sure where you'd get the right 10-pin, it could be harvested from the factory radio, or you could just cut the factory harness off and run wires to the metra piece.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Black g35 coupe

iNFG35EC-10Pin-CAB
PN-820145,Rev.1.1
is there a link for this?

Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 PM
G35
Originally Posted by FahBreezy
Hi we’re you able to ever find the fix to this cause I have the same problem right now

Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 PM
G35
I'm not sure where you'd get the right 10-pin, it could be harvested from the factory radio, or you could just cut the factory harness off and run wires to the metra piece.
could I actually just cut of the harness and connect the wires?

Old 08-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe
Metra without a connector

I had not found any information on this prior to this posting. In order to figure it out, I've looked at different angled pictures of the Metra Kit connector cable... So here's how I've managed to use the Metra facia without the connector cable and without any soldering...

1. I bought a circuit test jumper wire kit.. came with about 40 wires...

2. Unfortunately the plastic ends did not fit the metra connector cause it's not perfectly squared so I removed the plastic tabs as shown in the picture below

3. After I've inserted them into the connector on the MetraKit, to make sure it would not move, I used hot glue...
(You might want to make all your connections and verify that it works before but I was pretty sure of what I was doing...)

I cut out the connector from the AC/Heat Control unit removed from the car (do not touch the connector in the car)...
And here's the mapping I've used

Connector from the old AC/Heat Control unit
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 x - - 9 10 -

Connector on the Metra kit
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

Mapping from the old connector to the Metra Kit
1 to 6
2 to 7
3 to 5
4 to 4
5 to 8
6 to 2
7 to 3
8 to 1
9 to 10
10 to 9

Hope this helps you save time and headaches!

The following users liked this post:
HoserG35 (08-29-2022)
Old 02-01-2023, 11:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
G35 Sedan 6MT
Figured it Out!

I know this is an older thread so there may not be a lot of interest anymore, but I actually managed to replicate the plug that metra uses.
I went on Digikey and found the correct molex plug and terminals that go with it.
1. The plug runs about .59 cents and terminals about 28 cents a piece (you will need 10, but I got 20 just in case).
2. This part is up to you, but I recommend going to an electronics store because crimping terminal pins require the proper tools and skill.
3. Crimp the terminals, I went to my local electronics store and he charged me a dollar per wire to crimp.
4. The pinout on the reply above is correct, BUT it is for if you are looking at plug on the metra kit, so if you're looking at the molex plug from the front the top right pin is pin number 1 on that diagram.
5. Put the pins in the plug and you're good to go.

Digikey part numbers:
Plug: 0430251000
Pins: 0430300040

I was ready to throw in the towel on this job, because I was missing the cable that metra provides, but you can cut the OEM cable and "make" a conversion harness for yourself.
Let me know if you have any questions.

The following 4 users liked this post by ltap:
HoserG35 (02-02-2023), josephcl (01-03-2024), MikeG35Coupe (02-02-2023), Wrathernaut (02-04-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the pin out in how to wire it in the connector

Originally Posted by ltap
I know this is an older thread so there may not be a lot of interest anymore, but I actually managed to replicate the plug that metra uses.
I went on Digikey and found the correct molex plug and terminals that go with it.
1. The plug runs about .59 cents and terminals about 28 cents a piece (you will need 10, but I got 20 just in case).
2. This part is up to you, but I recommend going to an electronics store because crimping terminal pins require the proper tools and skill.
3. Crimp the terminals, I went to my local electronics store and he charged me a dollar per wire to crimp.
4. The pinout on the reply above is correct, BUT it is for if you are looking at plug on the metra kit, so if you're looking at the molex plug from the front the top right pin is pin number 1 on that diagram.

Digikey part numbers:

I was ready to throw in the towel on this job, because I was missing the cable that metra provides, but you can cut the OEM cable and "make" a conversion harness for yourself.

Got the pin out for the factory harness to the connector

Old 01-03-2024, 11:30 PM
06 g35 base coupe
Originally Posted by ltap

Digikey part numbers:

Do you have a diagram of this to follow?

Old 02-04-2024, 01:52 PM
06 g35 base coupe
Originally Posted by SevenEleven
I had not found any information on this prior to this posting. In order to figure it out, I've looked at different angled pictures of the Metra Kit connector cable... So here's how I've managed to use the Metra facia without the connector cable and without any soldering...

1. I bought a circuit test jumper wire kit.. came with about 40 wires...

2. Unfortunately the plastic ends did not fit the metra connector cause it's not perfectly squared so I removed the plastic tabs as shown in the picture below

3. After I've inserted them into the connector on the MetraKit, to make sure it would not move, I used hot glue...
(You might want to make all your connections and verify that it works before but I was pretty sure of what I was doing...)

I cut out the connector from the AC/Heat Control unit removed from the car (do not touch the connector in the car)...
And here's the mapping I've used

Connector from the old AC/Heat Control unit
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 x - - 9 10 -

Connector on the Metra kit
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10

Mapping from the old connector to the Metra Kit
1 to 6
2 to 7
3 to 5
4 to 4
5 to 8
6 to 2
7 to 3
8 to 1
9 to 10
10 to 9

Hope this helps you save time and headaches!
can someone please show me a diagram of this to follow I cannot get th cable I made to work. It blows the fuse so I’ve got something wrong.

thanks for your help

Old 02-04-2024, 05:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I've got one of these cables in the stuff I'm parting out, attached to a combination of OEM and metra parts to use different buttons, but you can just pull the cable off and use it alone.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Metra single din ac control cable.