Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 04 Bose setup..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Need help with 04 Bose setup..

I'm new to G35's just got a 04 coupe auto it had nav before but when I bought it, The radio and the nav screen was removed.

When I hooked my double din up I got no sound, I located the factory amp and it looks like they have cut into the harness to bypass the factory amp. It looks like it was done well, So I hooked up the amp for my sub just to see if I can get the speakers to play and they do. So now I have to get a 4 channel amp. They have 4 sets of rcas running from the front to the rear.

My question is, once I get a amp are the 4 sets of speaker wires going to make all the speakers play? (Including the tweeters in the door?) Or only the bose in the back and the door speakers?

Then do i really need 4 sets of RCA's going to the back? I have inputs for them on the back of my double din (front left, front right, back left, back right) But my amp wont have that many spots to plug them in. Do I just get a ton of Y adapters?

Since the radio is gone, What do I need to secure my double din in the hole?

Attached Thumbnails Need help with 04 Bose setup..-img_0030.jpg  
Old 08-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
With that setup I believe you're by-passing the bose amp completely and can remove it. RCA's would go from the headunit to the amp. You would have to run new wires from the 4 channel amp to the door speakers. That's what I remember but I've had my setup for years. I paid a shop to do my install because it wasn't worth the sweat and time and I know they do quality work. The wiring looks like it's part of the car. Still the best money I spent considering I use it the most

Old 08-20-2017, 05:55 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2004/av

Pages 6 through 44 will tell you everything you need for the stereo.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2004/av

Pages 6 through 44 will tell you everything you need for the stereo.
Thanks.

Looks like I'll just have to pick up a 4 channel amp and a factory radio bracket.