Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install oem paddle shifters- how to wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Install oem paddle shifters- how to wire

Fella's,

This is not much of a DIY as I am at work and do not have the time to dig up this project from 3+ years ago. BUT, I do still get a lot of questions regarding the installation of Nissan GTR/370 paddle shifters into a V35. Hardest part is the wiring... See my explanation below.

The rest is just having the guts to take a dremel to your steering column and column trim... I used some 5 minute epoxy to secure my paddle shifters in, and there is a nice 90 degree plastic feature that you can use to line them up in the proper position after you trim the car and the paddles to sit right. It is up to you to make sure they fit right as the epoxy is curing... I did mine one at a time, and slid the steering wheel back on quickly to make sure I had enough gap for my fingers and that things were square.

Here is a wiring schematic and quick explanation of it. I will try to dig up some installation photos if I have the time.

Essentially there are three pins located in the shifter assembly that dictate if the car will upshift or downshift when it is in sport mode. The center pin is the sport mode or "N" pin as shown on the schematic. The other pins (I don't know the wire colors) are upshift and downshift. When in sport mode the shifter grounds the "N" pin. What we need to do when a paddle is pressed is to remove the N pin from ground while simultaneously grounding either the upshift or the downshift pin. The schematic shows you how to do this with two SPDT relays, and an inline fuse (I would recommend the add-a-circuit fuses from advanced auto).

Old 07-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Neat idea. Glad someone thought of it. I assume it only work in manumatic mode?

Old 07-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Both the original shifter and paddle shifters function, but only in manumatic as you suspect