G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   Sedan Install/Build Up ***PICS*** (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/79113-sedan-install-build-up-pics.html)

el_duderino 01-22-2006 12:05 AM

Milo, today we installed into a 2005 G35 sedan an Eclipse 5435 and the double DIN kit for a forum member, along with his Kicker 4 channel and sub amps and DLS speakers.

We are having an odd noise problem. HU grounded w/amps, good clean grounds, good twisted pair RCA, low gain settings. Really gets bad when the lights are on.

Any info you can share about your RCA re-routing to get rid of your noise would be most appreciated.

MiloX 01-22-2006 12:23 AM

Ken,

The problem wasn't from the RCA's carrying the signal to the trunk. It was actually one of the RCA's IN the trunk. I have no idea what the cause of the whine was. I just ran it in a different route to the amp and it disappeared. I really wish I knew what it was that caused it... Because I am afraid it will happen again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, bro.

el_duderino 01-22-2006 12:28 AM

Oh, well, thanks anyway.

I have a plan for fixing it... have you given any thought to an Audio Control LOC? Those are supposed to be very clean...

MiloX 01-22-2006 12:35 AM

I did think about it. However... I am REALLLLLLLLLLLY tempted by the new Alpine DD piece. The W200+Blackbird Nav+H701= Gives me a chub.

All optical, with the ability to mirror the Blackbird screen on the display, full speed ipod, and touchscreen control of the H701 is very tempting.

If I decide to keep the factory deck, I may upgrade to an LC6. Time will tell. I am still fine tuning the speaker side of the equation right now. Hunting down rattles, killing resonance, etc.

I just got notified that my 13ov.2 has shipped as well. I'll post pics as soon as I get it in the 4080 box.

I'd be interested in what you find out WRT to the whine issue. Keep a brutha in the loop.

el_duderino 01-22-2006 01:21 PM

The whine was caused by a defective Kicker 4-channel amp (I forget the number).

We subbed his amp with a DLS 50x4 as a test, and 2 things happened:

1) The whine vanished.

2) The intermittent on/off in the 4 corner speakers that had developed after he left last night vanished too.We went cornering and no issues :)

So he's looking into getting a new Kicker amp from the place he got this one. I guess this amp has an auto summing circuit that can have problems.

I didn't need to sleep in today anyway :)

MiloX 01-22-2006 04:26 PM

Good show!!!!!!

22_in_az 02-05-2006 03:06 PM

Subscribing........I am looking at an 06 G Sedan, and this is by far the best system I have seen!

Milo, you sir, are the Fawkin Man! Great job!!!

MiloX 02-24-2006 11:23 PM

Thanks for the props 22.

However... I really think there are a lot of installs that I have seen on this board that spank mine.

G35AudioMan's is a masterpiece. I highly suggest you do a search and give it a peep. Madness. Sheer madness.

Eskimo 03-11-2006 10:35 PM

Dang, yo.

Hey Milo,

Dude. Bro. Dang. That is some fine work on your G. I've tracked El Dude's remarks in the forums, amoung others, and finally arrived on installing a 4080 box, JLW6, JL500/1, JL300/2, and some Kappas into my ride. The Kappas have yet to go in. :( However, we deadened my trunk with BlueSkin -- just like DuraMat only hella cheaper. Looking at your work on the sound deadening -- just great. Really. I mean, give me a chance dude. It looks so spankin' good. I wouldn't put the door panels back on...

Well, maybe.

Anyways, hope it sounds good and works great. I'm an MDF spacer away from getting my Kappas in.

Mike in AZ

MiloX 03-12-2006 10:59 PM

Thanks Mike!!!!!

You are going to love 4080's box. Fits perfectly. Sounds great too!!!

Sound deadening can really be a pain, but the end results are SOOO worth it. Good luck with the install and take LOTS of pics!