im lowering over an inch, do i need a toe kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand, your -1.6 in the rear is fine. Its at the border of the spec limits. Mine is -1.6 on the lest on -2.1 on the right. The right is where the problem is. By the way, since caster and toe are the only things than can be adjusted in the front, can anyone tell me what the best specs are for those 2 things.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
even with -1.6. I can see that the outer 1 1/2 inch of my tires are brand new(untouched). It doesn't even touch the ground.
That's why I'm worried.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:04 PM
The best place to be at is -1.3 but you should still be fine with what you have. Yes, you will have some more extra tire wear on the inside, but it shouldnt be enough for you to notice easily. It should be anough wear to be able to change all 4 tires at once, even though the rear will be a bit more worn

Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by G&Z
I know i will need camber adjusters for the front and rear. but do i need any other kind of adjustments? also what are their function if so. thanks...
what the hell is a toe kit? newb

Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
what the hell is a toe kit? newb
A toe kit is a kit that adjusts your toe newb ie SPC toe bolt kit

Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heres A Question, My System Lowred My Car For Me A Pretty Good Amount, What Do I Need? Also Should I Get Stiffer Shocks? I Too Want To Match The Rear Drop With The Front, What Do I Need? I Just Dont Want To Get Canned When I Buy The Wrong Stuff Ya Know. There Are 19 And 20" Iforged Going On It Soon So It Has To Look Good But I Dont Want To Be Replaccing Tires After 1 Season.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by PEARL-G
Heres A Question, My System Lowred My Car For Me A Pretty Good Amount, What Do I Need? Also Should I Get Stiffer Shocks? I Too Want To Match The Rear Drop With The Front, What Do I Need? I Just Dont Want To Get Canned When I Buy The Wrong Stuff Ya Know. There Are 19 And 20" Iforged Going On It Soon So It Has To Look Good But I Dont Want To Be Replaccing Tires After 1 Season.
Your system lowered your car? Like just the back?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 PM
How heave is this system you have?

Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
ISMSOLUTIONS, no he didnt bemd the spc arms he bent the stock camber arms. The reason why he did this was becasue the right tire had more negative camber then the left. The left was within spen but the right was not at -2.1. So what he did was bend the stock arm a bit so that it could pull the wheel in from the bottom therefore giving it some more positive camber, but I dont think this was a great idea, since the car does not drive the way its supposed to. Wne I go over uneven areas on the highway the car seems to pull too much. What can this be? The spc rear camber kit is going on tomorrow. The front I will leave alone.
First suggestion - don't go back to that guy again! Bending a structural item like that is almost malpractice. find another shop...where are you located?

Rick

Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
what the hell is a toe kit? Neb
OK -

So some cars need more toe than others..especially once they are lowered. you can only adjust for so much toe from factory, and if you need more, like camber, you need to put on a toe kit - to further adjust tow. Most toe kits are nothing more than longer bolts and changing the bolt hole to be oval. This allows for more shims and and positioning - thereby further adjusting toe.

Rick

Old 02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Ok - so we need to know how you lowered the car in the first place. Your 'system' doesn't tell us anything about what was done, so it's hard to tell you how to correct it.

Also - you should leave your rear height at about 3/4" higher than the front. If it's 'level' - you'll actually badly understeer in these cars. Measure from the floor to the top of the wheel well, or center of wheel to top of the wheel well.

Rick

Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Scary............

If you've been on this site for any time at all you know that anything over an
inch requires your buying toe bolts and a-arms to bring your suspension back
to factory settings......fact of life. Bending suspension parts is scary and
dumb!

Old 02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Ok - so we need to know how you lowered the car in the first place. Your 'system' doesn't tell us anything about what was done, so it's hard to tell you how to correct it.

Also - you should leave your rear height at about 3/4" higher than the front. If it's 'level' - you'll actually badly understeer in these cars. Measure from the floor to the top of the wheel well, or center of wheel to top of the wheel well.

Rick
Mines "level" and I don't notice any more understeer than stock

Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i haven't measured anything but at a side view it dropped like an i.5 inches or so, ill try to post a picture when i get home. its pretty heavy i guess, there are two 10 w7's in a fiberglass/oak enclosure.

Last edited by PEARL-G; 02-16-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 PM
i haven't measured anything but at a side view it dropped like an i.5 inches or so, ill try to post a picture when i get home. its pretty heavy i guess, there are two 10 w7's in a fiberglass/oak enclosure.
I've got about 250lbs of stereo is my trunk too...that's why I got coilovers so I could get the height adjustment.

Rick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: im lowering over an inch, do i need a toe kit?