G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   SLIP,Brake, and VDC Lights on?!?!?! (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/203938-slip-brake-vdc-lights.html)

skyline04 02-19-2008 03:05 PM

SLIP,Brake, and VDC Lights on?!?!?!

i'm just wondering why my lights keep staying on. does anybody else have this problem? how can i fix it? the slip vdc light is just fixed at an on position. they are not blinking or anything. and sometimes my brake light comes on and off for some reason.

Can someone help me?

Dakkerz 02-19-2008 03:17 PM

Theres a few threads on this exact subject. A quick search and you'll find them and possible solutions.

Check your brake fluid, speed sensors, or try a ECU reset. If all else fails, take it to the dealer.

Calvin 02-19-2008 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dakkerz
Theres a few threads on this exact subject. A quick search and you'll find them and possible solutions.

Check your brake fluid, speed sensors, or try a ECU reset. If all else fails, take it to the dealer.

+1 this is very common. check your brake fluid.

skyline04 02-19-2008 03:28 PM

thanks guys

Sportcoupe35 02-19-2008 03:30 PM

One other things....
Tire diameter variance from front to back. The front and rear had a 6% differential threshold...anything more than that will make these lights come on as well.

kalikiddo 02-19-2008 09:34 PM

I changed my front brakes and it seemed to clear my problems with those lights.

But it can also be the brake fluid being low because your brake pads are wearing low, hence the fluid being low. Or any other suggestions on here.

Flavius 02-20-2008 04:53 AM

yea,,, its the break fluid being low,, also a sign the pads are wearing down

Dustin@StrafeAutomotive 02-20-2008 04:55 AM

breaks. ^+1

G35xChicago 03-03-2008 08:56 AM

Same thing happened to me, just drivng as usual and VDC off, AWD, SLIP, ABS lights all come on at once. Car drives fine. This is a 2005 G35x with 30,000 miles on it. These lights were on last night and are all still on this morning on the way to work. I check brake fluid levels and it was close to max full.

Can it be that i need new front brakes, rear brakes?

Do i have to check some sensors? i dont even know where in the car this stuff is...

How do i reset the ECU, what else will that reset besides my main computer?

Would appreciate any help before i bring this into the dealership...

carlosg 03-05-2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by skyline04
i'm just wondering why my lights keep staying on. does anybody else have this problem? how can i fix it? the slip vdc light is just fixed at an on position. they are not blinking or anything. and sometimes my brake light comes on and off for some reason.

Can someone help me?

same happened to me I checked it with a consult II scan and got a code that apparently is a fault pressure sensor which happened to be with the abs brake pump. check the shop manual as I did. you could get a used one on ebay cuz new cost around $1,000.00