G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   Red Brembo calipers... (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/209151-red-brembo-calipers.html)

shdowflare 03-16-2008 11:56 PM

Want your input: OEM gold or red Brembo caliper paint?

Hey guys,

One of my front OEM Brembo calipers has already started some serious chipping and I was thinking about getting a fresh coat of paint all the way around. Rather than sending them out for a powdercoat, I've heard lots of coats of Duplicolor (high temp with clear coat) works well too.

Also, I was thinking of painting them red (like the StopTech BBKs) instead of the trademark Brembo gold. What do you guys think?

LMK,
B

OG35Driver 03-18-2008 04:18 PM

Caliper Color

Go with Red. I have the OEM calipers on my Brilliant Silver 03 G coupe, and I am going to be powder coating them Yellow. Tired of the Gold. Figured Yellow would be a little more unique than Silver, Black, or even Red. Not familiar with the Duplicolor. I have heard due to high temps on calipers, powder coating was the way to go. Good luck either way...

shdowflare 03-18-2008 05:12 PM

From what I read, Duplicolor works well and even manufactures paint designed for calipers. I'll probably do this over powdercoating...

Thanks for the input,
B

OG35Driver 03-18-2008 06:02 PM

Caliper Color

Hey, I have a question for you regarding your Aero Rotors. Do you have the 2 piece for the OEM Brembo set up? If so how do you like them? I am thinking of upgrading to the 2 piece Aero Rotors (slotted) myself, and was wondering if you could give me some insight on them. Better stoping etc...

fbw5595 03-18-2008 06:06 PM

Check out G2usa.com

shdowflare 03-18-2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by OG35Driver
Hey, I have a question for you regarding your Aero Rotors. Do you have the 2 piece for the OEM Brembo set up? If so how do you like them? I am thinking of upgrading to the 2 piece Aero Rotors (slotted) myself, and was wondering if you could give me some insight on them. Better stoping etc...

Yeah I got em. I think they're great, except my brakes have been squealing like pigs ever since I put em on. I used the Axxis Ultimates (per StopTech's recommendation). They suck my eyeballs out when stopping hard. I recommend em.

shdowflare 03-18-2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by fbw5595
Check out G2usa.com

Thanks - this is perfect!

shdowflare 03-29-2008 10:31 PM

Okay so I got the red g2USA.com kit. They I realized I can't just paint the Brembo calipers. All four of them have a bit of the gold paint chipping off...and it's pretty thick. So I'd need to sand 'em down first somehow then apply a coat. Seems like more work than I expected since I'd have to remove and disassemble the calipers to sand 'em.

I might just get em done locally at a pro shop. I'll put my new G2usa.com red kit up for sale if I do....

in2win 03-30-2008 03:15 AM

just powdercoat them, and borrow/rent a car for a couple days. Honestly sanding your 2k brakes will most likely blow up in your face. Duplicolor not matter how many coates will still look like...well, duplicolor. Spray paint is spray paint, keep up the appearance of the car and just powdercoat, cant be more than $300. Have a company do the brakes that is familiar with doing brakes, powdercoating can make fitting back together very hard if done wrong. .

shdowflare 03-30-2008 01:04 PM

Yeah I think I'm going that route. Just need to find a local shop that specializes in this...

Thanks,
B