G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   BC Racing vs JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/212628-bc-racing-vs-jic-flt-a2-coilovers.html)

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 04:19 PM

BC Racing vs JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers

Im about to get one of these. As most of u know i want as much grip as possible. Which one is a better performer? Anyone with any of these coilovers chime in and give ur take on these. Ride quality, the overall quality, handling etc, etc.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 04:52 PM

anyone?

Jeff92se 04-02-2008 04:57 PM

Wouldn't it be more of a spring rate/shock rate function vs brand perse?

5150DS 04-02-2008 04:58 PM

Go try over at My350z.com, several have the BC's over there.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se

I would think like that too but if u look at the price difference between the two u will see that BC Racing is much more cheaper but at the same time has the same type of adjustibilty. Now i have an opportunity to get BC racing brand new or slightly used JIC. That is where im stuck.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 5150DS
Go try over at My350z.com, several have the BC's over there.

Thanks, thats what im doing right now.

5150DS 04-02-2008 05:31 PM

If you get the BC's let me know how you like them. I am considering these also based on reviews from My350z.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 05:43 PM

With a quick review i think im just going to with with BC. I will write a revew when i install them.

SDGeneralCounsel 04-02-2008 06:57 PM

I don't think brand comparison is what the OP is looking for. BC's are great for street and track, while the other is incredibly more expensive and most purchasers wouldn't even be able to the the difference on the track between the two due to ignorance and lack of experience. On the street JIC's are far too stiff. Also, if you blow a BC shock, the replacement charge is incredibly cheap. BC is the same company that makes coilovers for Greddy, and a number of other companies.

Originally Posted by 5150DS
If you get the BC's let me know how you like them. I am considering these also based on reviews from My350z.

These reviews are why I decided to go with them. You won't be disappointed.

Jeff92se 04-02-2008 07:02 PM

I'm NOT asking about brand vs brand. I was stating that for his application (high hp) and amount of "grip", the spring rates and shock rates would be pretty important.

I would think that the BC units would be stiff also, if it were equipped with the same spring rates. YOu have a good point regarding the replacement shocks. Nice to know.

But the stiffness inbetween the two would be a function of the springs supplied with the set. Maybe he should ask if diff spring rates are available for this set.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
I don't think brand comparison is what the OP is looking for. BC's are great for street and track, while the other is incredibly more expensive and most purchasers wouldn't even be able to the the difference on the track between the two due to ignorance and lack of experience. On the street JIC's are far too stiff. Also, if you blow a BC shock, the replacement charge is incredibly cheap. BC is the same company that makes coilovers for Greddy, and a number of other companies.

These reviews are why I decided to go with them. You won't be disappointed.

+1, after pages and pages of reading i saw great reviews for BCs and one neutral comment about the shocks lacking rebound.
On the other hand JICs had more negative feedbacks than positive ones. Too stiff for the street, shocks blowing every two years or so and many more.
I am placing an order tomorrow hopefuly it will arrive by this weekend.

Glex25 04-02-2008 07:20 PM

I have BC Racing Coilovers and I love them.

I had Tein Basics before and love the BC so much more.
I haven't given a review on it since its been mostly winter here.
I'm planning on getting the car corner balance and doing my
summer aligment(I run a little Neg camber during the summer, stock specs in winter).

You will love them.

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 07:21 PM

^good to hear hows the ride comfort compared to basics?

Klubbheads 04-02-2008 07:25 PM

Solid.

??????

Glex25 04-02-2008 07:33 PM

The ride is much better.

The Teins on certain bumps I felt like it bottomed out
not so with the BC racing.

As i said I'm still dialing it in now that the warm weather is coming around
but if I was to review just from everyday driving I say much better than the basics.

Don't mind Jeff I think he is just thread whoring so he can reach 10k post