G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   BC Racing Coilover Complete review. (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/243130-bc-racing-coilover-complete-review.html)

Klubbheads 09-08-2008 01:19 PM

BC Racing Coilover Complete review.

When I got my BC racing coilovers about 4-5 months ago, my tires were almost bald and on top of that my wheen bearing assembly was loose. Before these coilovers I was running on tein s-techs combined with 350z shocks and love that setup. I wanted to drop the front a little more and hopefully get better overall handling from the car so I went with these coilovers. Well after the initial install the car did NOT improve its handling for 2 major reasons. My left side was much lower than the right side (X-weight of the car was in bad shape) and the wheel bearing assembly was dangerously loose (which I did not find out till recently). Test driving the car in my local 3 mile test track with very familiar turns the car was snap oversteering on me when making a left turn but when taking a right turn the car was gripping very nicely.

After a month of installing these things I decided to corner balance and align the car. A local suspension guru did those things on my car and the car turned into a complete different animal. Keep in mind im still running on bald tires but the balance of the car is just incredible. Within these times my endlinks snapped and some other minor issues. I replaced my endlinks with SPL front and rear. Well about less than a month ago when I was putting my new tires on, I noticed that the wheel was moving back and forth on while the car was lifted up. I originally thought it was my wheel bearings and it was time for me to change it. After further inspection a mechanic said that the nut that holds the whole axle assembly together was very loose and it was actually was touching the safety pin on both sides. :eek: Well he tightened everything and now im ready to test this thing out finally after 4 months.

Now its time to test this baby out!
Softest front/back setting: The car feels great around town. I had my cousin, countless friends, my dad, even my sister telling me it feels much nicer and very comfortable than with my S-techs. I also noticed the car being much more forgiving around town on bumps and the overall ride is as good as the non-sport G37 coupe. The reason im comparing to the G37 is because my cousin has one. Handling on this setting is pretty good as well, but the car dives a bit when going into a downhill sweeper. U can almost feel the front wheel hitting the fender. Change of direction is not as precise as I like, again Who gives a fvck about change of direction when ur trying to be comfortable around town.

From the soft to hard 15 clicks front: 20 clicks back.
I usually like to keep the back a bit harder to eliminate potential understeer that is why this is the only setting I have tried. Well the car becomes a beast and does NOT feel like it has 113 inch wheelbase. It feels incredibly nimble and the change of direction is also amazing. My local “testrack” impressions were very good and I can definitely tell that I go through that stretch much faster than with my s-techs. When u go into a corner and turn the wheel the car just hugs the corners with ease even when there is a decreasing radius turn, the car turns in with ease. I have yet to test these on their hardest setting but I will do that soon when I do a road race coming up in a month or two.

Overall I am more than happy with these things and for someone who is not at the track 24/7 but still demands grip and change of direction u can not go wrong with these things. If I had to buy coilovers again for the street and occasional track use, I would not look elsewhere. :biggthumpup:

Time to bitchslap cars left and right. :D

mIKE 09-08-2008 01:30 PM

Take out a certain Fail Z?

Rumor has it he may show up on Friday; the other Fail Z totalled yesterday.

Klubbheads 09-08-2008 01:32 PM

^lol.

Hotdawwgman 09-08-2008 01:38 PM

hehe!!!!! that's really good to hear, i have been very curious about coilovers for my sedan!

mIKE 09-08-2008 01:39 PM

go skidpad and slalom your car :D

GreenGoblin 09-08-2008 01:39 PM

thanks for the review

Devo7 09-10-2008 04:48 PM

Thanks for the info

5150DS 09-10-2008 05:29 PM

Klubbheads, one thing keeping me from coilovers is the drop. Do you have an idea what the minimum drop you can have with BC is? I do not want slammed, only about 1 inch front and .75 rear. Is this possible with the BC coilovers?

Klubbheads 09-10-2008 05:35 PM

^next time when my car is on the lift i will check how much room the front and rear adjustments have. I am roughly at 2 inch drop in the front and about 1.5 in the back. The car sits dead even with the tire for front and rear. I do believe u can get to very close to the stock height but as i said next time i will double check that and give u an asnwer.

mIKE 09-10-2008 05:42 PM

Vlad will be putting the coils to the REAL test on Friday :)

Reviews and possibly video may be available.

Klubbheads 09-10-2008 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Vlad will be putting the coils to the REAL test on Friday :)

Reviews and possibly video may be available.

:JAMIN: :JAMIN: :JAMIN:

g35s2c 09-10-2008 05:52 PM

thanks klubb...

btw, did you get the standard spring rates 10-8? or the stiffer ones 12-10?

:D

Klubbheads 09-10-2008 05:52 PM

I went with the standard 10-8.

Kensi 09-10-2008 07:32 PM

hahah i ordered these babys last week still waiting for em!! i CANT WAIT!!

GeeDM 09-11-2008 04:01 AM

Who has the best deal in town on these sap suckers?!?!?!?!