G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   Bushing stuck in rear spindle (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/279462-bushing-stuck-rear-spindle.html)

PegG35 03-29-2009 12:10 AM

Bushing stuck in rear spindle

Earlier today I tried replacing my OEM struts/springs with 350z H-techs / Tokico Blue struts.

Installing the first strut was a breeze, but the second strut on the opposing rear side (left rear) the bolt that goes through the lower part of the strut to the upper spindle was ceased in the bushing. Tried to remove this bolt and the bushing seperated from the inner part of the housing. Now can I replace just the bushing?

A problem were having is that part of the bushing is stuck in the spindle, and were unable to remove it with the tools we got. Anyone have any ideas to this issue as well?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

The car is a 2004 Infiniti G35, Coupe. (Currently have the rear jacked up and ready to try anything).

PegG35 03-29-2009 01:42 PM

bump

ekwc 04-01-2009 09:49 AM

I have the same issue on the rear right side. However, I couldn't get the bolt out, and I couldn't break the bushing. I bought a new bushing from a local Infiniti dealer as a backup, just in case I broke it. The bushing costs me $15, but you could find it for $6.70 + shipping online.

The only issue is the bushing has an inner and an outer metal shell. It looks like it is tightly fit into the aluminum knuckle, and one needs to “hammer” the old bushing out and then “hammer” the new one back in. I have heard that one could use a torch to ease up the process. But it is too danger for mine, since it is right next to the gas tank. I am going to take it to the shop and have them to replace the bushing for me.

Good luck with yours, and let me know if you need any helps.

OH6 G35 04-01-2009 10:57 AM

Do you have pics??

ekwc 04-01-2009 11:11 AM

Please goto the following site for the picture of the whole Knuckle, and the "Bushing No. 1 Back" is the one that got stuck with the bolt in my case:

http://www.infinitipartsonline.com/p...layCatalogid=0

reconJDM 07-05-2009 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to revise the thread, I just got stuck with the same situation when you guys encounter this problem and I am glad you put up the website to order the individual bushing.
I also took a picture for reference for others to see how epic failure it turned out.
Attachment 236983

reconJDM 07-05-2009 07:05 PM

does anyone know how to press the ring out?
my bushing was seize to the bolt and now I require to press the ring out.
so ****ty :\

Awilli 07-19-2009 12:55 PM

It looks like you still have some tension on the bolt in the photo(the bolt is slanted). Put some rubber on your jack saddle and try slowly jacking up the wheel @ the lower spring mount (item #7 in the parts photo) until the tension is released on the bolt (the bolt is even) it should then come right out, if not give it a few taps with a hammer. To remove the bushing you might be able to use a ball joint remover, (See Harbor freight tools) pressing against a socket that just fits over the metal lip of the bushing. And cold can work as well as heat when removing or installing bushings, I always freeze my bushings over night before pressing them in, and some one makes a sized thread spray that works using cold instead of heat find it and spray the bushing down before trying to remove it. Good luck

Skyfox16 06-03-2010 08:59 AM

Has anyone actually gotten this bushing from a dealer or did anyone get a part number for this? ive called the two that are closest to me and they all say its part of the knuckle :icon43:

1350ZZZ 06-15-2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by PegG35 (Post 4065570)
Earlier today I tried replacing my OEM struts/springs with 350z H-techs / Tokico Blue struts.

Installing the first strut was a breeze, but the second strut on the opposing rear side (left rear) the bolt that goes through the lower part of the strut to the upper spindle was ceased in the bushing. Tried to remove this bolt and the bushing seperated from the inner part of the housing. Now can I replace just the bushing?

A problem were having is that part of the bushing is stuck in the spindle, and were unable to remove it with the tools we got. Anyone have any ideas to this issue as well?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

The car is a 2004 Infiniti G35, Coupe. (Currently have the rear jacked up and ready to try anything).

im having the same problem with my z.... CAN SOME 1 TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THAT BUSHIGN PLZE HELP ANY 1???? EMAIL ME BACK PLZE... XBABEURFINEEEX@AOL.COM TY FOR UR HELP

Skyfox16 06-15-2010 09:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just replaced the bushing on the back passanger side and i have to say it was a total PITA!! making me half tempted to just pay and have the other side done.

i got the part from here

http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/oem-...edan-2005.html

but he only had one in stock when i ordered it... i hear they are on
backorder unless you find a dealer that has it in stock

the part # is: 56219AL500

every Infiniti dealer i called said the bushing could not be purchased by itself = BS.

check around for Infiniti or nissan dealers and just ask if they can check a part # for you

my bolt wouldnt come out so had to chop part of the strut off, melt the rubber bushing, remove strut, then cracked the part that was still stuck and it popped out.

1350ZZZ 06-16-2010 02:36 PM

If any 1 needs the ((hard 2 find bushing)) let me kno i have 2 spare ones.. $10 each.. And shiping $2... My email xbabeurfineeex@aol.com

JoeMac 07-14-2010 03:37 AM

Sending you an email... do you still have those bushings available?

Joe Mac

MJION 04-03-2012 10:33 AM

What did you use to install the new bushing?

Currently dealing with this mess...

Ended up buying a new bolt and bushing from infiniti who also told me at first the bushing was part of the rear knuckle. BS.

Glex25 04-03-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by MJION (Post 6395700)
What did you use to install the new bushing?

Currently dealing with this mess...

Ended up buying a new bolt and bushing from infiniti who also told me at first the bushing was part of the rear knuckle. BS.

You rent a bushing press from autozone and press it out while still on the car.