G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   OEM or Hawk pads (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/281958-oem-hawk-pads.html)

JLPH 04-11-2009 02:57 AM

OEM or Hawk pads

hi i have a noob question to ask everyone...should i jsut get stock ceramic brakes instead of hawks (street)?

i have the stock rotors right now and dont plan on doing an upgrade to 4 piston front and 2 piston rears until around august....the only thing im scared of is right now my stock brakes are squeaking and if i change the brakes to stock ceramics will the squeaking go away? and is there alot of brake dust?

sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just opened this account =(

KU Kitch 04-11-2009 10:43 AM

you know i have a very similar issue, and i'm thinking i may just need new pads myself as well, but as i'm not exactly experienced with car stuff i'm not too sure about it either... also i don't have the cash to go to a bbk or something like that as of yet

smoovarrowhead 04-11-2009 11:14 AM

If you go to tirerack.com and lookup brakes they have a comprehensible breakdown of different brake pads and applications. sounds like you should just get stock pads or Hawk hps for light track. depends on how you drive the car and how hot the brakes will get...

kernel 04-11-2009 12:16 PM

OEM brakes will dust A LOT more that Hawk breaks, go with the latter and save yourself a lot of headaches.

gary c 04-11-2009 12:18 PM

Best Pads for our cars....!

Why would you go to the TireRack for pads when you can purchase them right here on Driver at a better price? Just check our Marketplace and find a vendor that sells brake parts. The Hawk HP pads are soooo much better than OEM pads they last twice as long and you'll have very little brake dust to deal with. Project Mu pads are also very good pads, flip a coin....:rolleyes:
Do a search and find the breakin/bedin process for the new pads, takes 15 minutes and you'll eliminate any brake noise/squeeks...very important!
Gary

2K6G35c 04-11-2009 01:15 PM

Go to www.my350z.com and log on to the marketplace and search for vendors. Found hawk pads way cheaper than anywhere else.

uf20wop 04-11-2009 08:52 PM

project mu

MikeGrote 04-12-2009 08:40 PM

i had stock pads put on less than a year ago and i hardly have any dust

LEON NYC 04-12-2009 09:12 PM

Hawk pads is the way to go, contact riverside infiniti for best prices...

OCG35 04-12-2009 10:19 PM

I like the bite & feel of OEM way better than Hawk HPS... but the OEM dust so damn much I've kept the Hawk pads on... but I dont like 'em much.

Tangerine 04-12-2009 10:30 PM

If you are upgrading to a BBK soon just get the cheapest set of pads that will last you till August...

psedog 04-12-2009 10:58 PM

I don't know how Mike doesn't have brake dust. I have stock pads with a ish ton of dust. Hawks are definitely the way to go. I'm just waiting till the OEM's are shot. Which might be soon as my rotors are starting to shudder at high speeds. I'll see if I can get them turned...

OCG35 04-12-2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by psedog (Post 4114481)
I don't know how Mike doesn't have brake dust. I have stock pads with a ish ton of dust. Hawks are definitely the way to go. I'm just waiting till the OEM's are shot. Which might be soon as my rotors are starting to shudder at high speeds. I'll see if I can get them turned...

"Mike" as in me?... if so, my OEM dust like crazy! Thats why I am keeping the Hawk pads on for now... but the OEM "feel" better to me. I dont like how the Hawk perform.

psedog 04-12-2009 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by OCG35 (Post 4114487)
"Mike" as in me?... if so, my OEM dust like crazy! Thats why I am keeping the Hawk pads on for now... but the OEM "feel" better to me. I dont like how the Hawk perform.

No, Mike as in MikeGrote the guy who posted this
|
|
v

Originally Posted by MikeGrote (Post 4114076)
i had stock pads put on less than a year ago and i hardly have any dust

OCG35 04-13-2009 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by psedog (Post 4114668)
No, Mike as in MikeGrote the guy who posted this
|
|
v

oh, sorry - too many Mikes in this world :o

Well I'm with you, I dont know how that Mike doesnt have dust... its been one of the primary complaints about the car (03-04 at least)... I think they changed pads in 05, so maybe they dont dust as much?... I know the 3 yr 36K free brake replacement was 03-04 only... it's possible he has an 05-06? (I didnt look at his sig).

Edit: I just saw he has 06... that probably explains it.