G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   SPC vs SPL A arms (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/337391-spc-vs-spl-arms.html)

Blue Dream 05-15-2010 09:55 AM

SPC vs SPL A arms

Good morning everyone. I am dropping the sedan even more next week, going from H Techs on stock sport suspension to S Techs on revised Z shocks and struts. I have been doing a lot of research on front camber kits and I seem to be stuck. Ichiba/Cusco seem to be reasonably priced, but the amount of adjustment and quality seem to be a concern.

So here is my dilemma. Seems a lot of people with Gs and Zs are still having issues with the dash lighting up after installing the revised SPC kits with or without the spacers, while some are reporting absolutely no issues. I have yet to read a negative comment about the SPL kits but they are ~ $100 more than the SPC and seem to be a better made arm.

I would like to hear from people with actual experience with one of these kits as to which you think is better. If you're going to post an "I read this" or "I heard that" kind of post please keep it to yourself. I'm not trying to be a d!ck but I want actual experience to speak, I've read probably 10-12 hours worth of threads trying to make up my mind.

TIA people.

CandlestickPark 05-15-2010 10:00 AM

Tim since I don't have an SPC or SPL kit I'll reserve my comment and won't vote.;) But when I get front A arms I'm going with SPL V2s because the SPCs making knocking/clicking noises over bumps on slammed cars.

Blue Dream 05-15-2010 10:06 AM

I'm leaning towards the SPL. Seems less people complain about the knocking with the revised SPC kit but I still saw a few that did. As with everything else on our cars, you gotta pay to play with the big boys. :D

Any advice who would have the best price on the SPL? I need to start a price war between the vendors I guess. I found one site on the web at $499 with free shipping.

G35Papa 05-15-2010 11:08 AM

I'm one of the ones that still complained about knocking on the revised SPC arms which is why I voted you go with SPL :)

tragedycat 05-15-2010 12:08 PM

I can only speak for coupes here, but I've had SPC revised on both of my cars without any problems. From what I know, SPC only has issues if you are slammed.

That being said, SPL is a better made arm so if money isn't not issue, I'd just go with SPL to be safe.

HenryLee 05-15-2010 01:03 PM

I have SPC arms. I dont have any problems with them. But then again I didnt add the spacers. But If I were you go w/ SPL.

Calvin 05-15-2010 01:07 PM

350evo (if you can find and afford a set) > SPL > SPC

I have the revised SPC arms and they knock, as Marcus said, over bumps if you're heavily dropped. Scares the 'ish outta me every time still. Can't be healthy, lol.

SPC arms are fine if you're not slammed (if you still have a finger or two gap, you should be fine).

Blue Dream 05-15-2010 03:41 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. At this point I'm pretty set on the SPL, I can afford them and they are readily available. That being said, any suggestions on where to get the best price on them? I have PM'd several vendors and am waiting to hear back from them on pricing.

Calvin 05-15-2010 03:43 PM

^^^I remember Brian @ PrecisionZ or something like that gave me a pretty good price.

Keep in mind there are different versions of SPL arms. I am not familiar with the names or differences in these versions. I think there are street and track versions.

Blue Dream 05-15-2010 03:47 PM

Thanks C, that's one vendor I didn't PM.

Edit. I guess I did PM Bryan. Thanks anyway.

FenixL1P 05-15-2010 06:31 PM

i'd go with the spl version 2 or 3 if i had the money...

Blue Dream 05-15-2010 06:33 PM

Por que papi??

TAHOT 11-27-2012 05:09 AM

Update? So how the SPL front control arm working for ya? i have the SPC front and rear kit and it does the job but was looking to upgrade. advise?

Originally Posted by Blue Dream (Post 5104167)
Thanks for all the replies guys. At this point I'm pretty set on the SPL, I can afford them and they are readily available. That being said, any suggestions on where to get the best price on them? I have PM'd several vendors and am waiting to hear back from them on pricing.

Blue Dream 11-27-2012 05:34 AM

I love my SPL arms. They're beefier, have more adjustability, and are way easier to install than the SPCs. Only downside is cost.