recommendations for new brembos?

Old 04-26-2018, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recommendations for new brembos?

New to the forum, just bought an 03 coupe 6MT and I'm loving it. It needs new rotors and pads all around. I just want a cheap set to throw on quick cause they're below 10% and warped. I've been looking online but haven't had much luck. Although I haven't looked too hard. I'm going to look a bit more, would appreciate some help thanks.

Attached Thumbnails recommendations for new brembos?-dsc_0083-copy.jpg  
Old 04-26-2018, 03:54 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
So you NEED them, and you've looked online, but not too hard? Cool..

Old 04-26-2018, 05:59 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Lol^

Lukas I'm not sure how you haven't had much luck, there are replacements available all over the internet as well as just about any AutoZone, O'Reilly's or other auto parts store. A lot of members here including me have used r1concepts online for pads and rotors. They use Centric blanks and machine rotors to order. Go to their website and start looking, great quality and very good pricing. Just don't buy the no name brands on eBay, a lot of them are crap.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I did find some options but I don't know what is the best option. Just wanted some opinions from people who know better than me...experienced people. I've never done it before. Feel like that isnt such a stupid question. I'm extremely busy with work not leaving much time to get other things done and wanted a quicker way to find the best option. But I guess as long as they're from a good name you can't really go wrong?

Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds like this is just going to be a daily driver for the street. I'll recommend a set of autozone duralast gold rotors and also a set of Duralast ceramic pads if dust is a concern.

If you do any form of performance driving then you should upgrade to the Duralast GT, i have personally thrown these on and ran them at the track (Thunderhill West) a few weeks ago and they performed very similar to a hawk HP+ in terms of initial bite and fade resistance. not a bad deal for a pad with lifetime warranty.

This is likely the best bang for your buck in terms of performance. the duralast rotors perform just fine even in track conditions, so dont hesitate on buying them due to a name.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Always had good luck running Centric premium blank rotors on my Brembo-equipped G when I owned it. Can be found all over the web (Amazon, RockAuto, etc.) for pretty cheap. Well made and will stand up to some abuse. I used Project Mu NS pads but they are a bit pricey and there are cheaper options that will get the job done if you look around a bit.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
yup centrics have been great to me . i only use them

Old 05-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I can vouch for the Duralast options also, at least the Gold line. Have them on my Frontier and soon to be all the way around on my G. Great replacements for stock and you can get them from Autozone using their rewards program - 5 purchases of $20 gets $20. I use the rewards program any time I can, at least where it makes sense price wise to buy from Autozone. Oil changes, tranny fluid, odds and ends that you can't get cheaper online.

And then there's all of the previous brake recommendation posts on this forum. Want to make a great decision? Read all of them and then decide.