G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   Stock G35 coupe Suspension and looking to upgrade for a daily driver. (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/466401-stock-g35-coupe-suspension-looking-upgrade-daily-driver.html)

TheGreatRambino 04-10-2019 04:01 AM

Stock G35 coupe Suspension and looking to upgrade for a daily driver.

Hello and thanks for clicking on this. I own a 2006 G35 coupe with the sport package and I am looking to upgrade my suspension a bit. However, I do not really know what to buy other than some coilovers and sway bars. for a daily driver I would like some other opinions on what a 13 year old car should have replaced/ upgraded to ensure longevity to my car and not wear any other part out.

I am looking at just some Raceland Ultimo's, I only want to drop the car about 2-2.5 inches and I have talked to a bunch of Z and G owners with them and they only have said good things. Im not going for a track or drift build but, I am looking for a nice, clean setup.
I am also looking at some aftermarket sway bars because I am sick of calling my G a boat. I get some serious body roll taking corners and turns in higher speeds.
other than that I'm not sure what else needs to be added/ replaced and I am asking for any opinions or previous experiences on your build!

thanks,
TheGreatRambino

Urbanengineer 04-10-2019 10:08 AM

Sounds like you'll need bushings if you are getting heavy body roll. Your shocks are probably blown too. OEM sport shocks, Tokico Blues, or Racelands are good for that.

Maybe go with coils strictly because the modular nature of them. Can change on your preference.

If you lower more than 0.5" you'll need a set of camber arms from and rear ($500) and toe bolts (inc). Lowering correctly can get very expensive very quickly.

TheGreatRambino 04-11-2019 12:25 AM

I am looking online to find some decent pieces, is there any that you would recommend for front and rear camber kits and toe bolts?

Scorpi0 04-11-2019 05:15 AM

SPC camber arm and toe bolt combo.

TheGreatRambino 04-12-2019 02:59 AM

so I am on Z1 motorsports and i see an spc kit. ($695) they indicate an option if i have an active rear steering or not. they said that the 2 camber arms are different if you do or do not have the active rear steering. I do have the sport package automatic so im assuming I have it. still need to lift the car to make sure. BUT they didnt tell me the actual difference. I went to look at their Z1 rear camber arms and they do not ask for that indication which leads me to believe that it does not matter but I will hear from them tomorrow because i sent them an email and hopefully they answer back and ive been on many websites without seeing this option.

if their answer is that I can run their Z1 kit (FUCA and rear camber arms and toe bolts which is $500) Im prolly gunna buy that.

my question for you is about toe arms. Can I run the OEM spring buckets with the Z1 FUCA and Rear camber arms or would it be more ideal to run new toe arms?

G2B35AGN 04-12-2019 01:38 PM

You would be wrong to assume that you have RAS just because you have sport suspension. I have sport suspension with 5AT and no RAS. RAS was an add-on option and not part of the sport package.

Scorpi0 04-12-2019 06:18 PM

If your car has RAS, u will see an RAS indication light on the dash when u first turn the key on.

Urbanengineer 04-16-2019 12:02 AM

When you look near the diff on the car, if you don't see a steering rack you don't have RAS.

TheGreatRambino 04-17-2019 02:27 AM

i havent ordered the parts yet im gunna lift the car up thursday to find out for sure, however when i turn on the car the RAS light is not on. I do see the RAS on the dash, just not lit.

G2B35AGN 04-17-2019 08:57 AM

All the dash panels have the RAS cut-out. It's a mass-produced standard panel. It's the "lighting up" when you turn the ignition to "on" that tells the tale. No light? No RAS.

Urbanengineer 04-19-2019 09:21 AM

But do check, just Incase :).

G2B35AGN 04-19-2019 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
But do check, just Incase :).

Yes this is true. We have heard of perhaps a couple of instances where the instrument panels on G35s have had a soldered-on LED burn out.... ;)