G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   Toe and camber issue (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/466673-toe-camber-issue.html)

Jasonpowell98 05-13-2019 04:39 AM

Toe and camber issue

I have a 2005 g35 coupe and I just replaced some suspension parts this week such as lower ball joints, upper control arms, sway bar end links and passenger side outer tie rod(replaced driver side already). My cars not lowered and not planning on it so I just went with durolast parts from autozone. But went to get an alignment and the guy from the shop was not able to get the front passenger side camber in spec I know there is no adjustments but can any other part be going bad to effect this?
but my bigger issue is the toe in the rear passenger side is way off spec. He said eccentric toe bolt is worn out and keeps slipping is that possible they can get worn out?
Also Found out the last owner put on after market camber bars didn’t get a close look but looked like the spc’s but the eccentric bolts looked like stock and everything else on the car suspension is stock and I have the stock 19in rims and I’m about to hit 140,000 miles
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/g35driv...87eaa38b2.jpeg

cleric670 05-13-2019 10:58 AM

The aftermarket camber rods in the back should have an eccentric lockout bolt (square washer looking thing) installed because you wouldn't need eccentric bolts on it anymore. The toe bolts (ones at the inboard side of the rear spring perch) will need to be replaced from the OEM unit to the SPC or other aftermarket ones that allow an additional 1 degree +/- of adjustment.

Eccentric bolts can definitely wear out, it happens when people either overtorque and strip the threads on the nut a little or when people try to make adjustments without having the vehicle on sliders so there is too much friction and it puts too much stress on the eccentric, however the OEM ones are REALLY stout and this shouldn't happen. Aftermarket ones are all a bit flimsy because they just use a flattened edge on the bolt whereas the OEM ones have an additional groove cut into the bolt and a matching pin in the washer side.

Jasonpowell98 05-13-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7167835)
The aftermarket camber rods in the back should have an eccentric lockout bolt (square washer looking thing) installed because you wouldn't need eccentric bolts on it anymore. The toe bolts (ones at the inboard side of the rear spring perch) will need to be replaced from the OEM unit to the SPC or other aftermarket ones that allow an additional 1 degree +/- of adjustment.

Eccentric bolts can definitely wear out, it happens when people either overtorque and strip the threads on the nut a little or when people try to make adjustments without having the vehicle on sliders so there is too much friction and it puts too much stress on the eccentric, however the OEM ones are REALLY stout and this shouldn't happen. Aftermarket ones are all a bit flimsy because they just use a flattened edge on the bolt whereas the OEM ones have an additional groove cut into the bolt and a matching pin in the washer side.

So would I need the spc bolts for the toe even though I’m all stock other than the SPC Camber arm (previous owener put on) or just an oem replacement. And does it hurt to have the adjustable camber arms with the oem eccentric bolt?

cswlightning 05-13-2019 01:27 PM

Sounds like all you need if you're at stock height are stock components. But SPC would give you more adjust ability in case you ever wanted to lower. And there's no problem with adjustable arms and OEM bolts, that's what I'm running currently (at stock height)

Jasonpowell98 05-13-2019 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by cswlightning (Post 7167845)
Sounds like all you need if you're at stock height are stock components. But SPC would give you more adjust ability in case you ever wanted to lower. And there's no problem with adjustable arms and OEM bolts, that's what I'm running currently (at stock height)

Okay thank both of y’all for the replies I’ll order new bolts soon for sure. Would anyone know what’s causing the camber to be off up front passenger side?

cleric670 05-13-2019 11:16 PM

Usually worn bushings, ball joints, and wheel bearings.

cswlightning 05-14-2019 10:33 AM

If you like the car and want to keep it, just rebuild the whole front suspension with Whiteline, poly bushings and Mevotech Supreme, Moog, or any other quality brand components of your choice and never worry about tire wear or suspension clunks ever again, plus it'll feel 100x better when you're cornering hard.

Search Google for G35driver results regarding what components need to be replaced.

Jasonpowell98 05-14-2019 01:26 PM

Where can I find an oem eccentric bolt for the toe I can only find aftermarket ones for lowered cars for that extra range

cleric670 05-14-2019 03:25 PM

Grab a set off a vehicle at a pick-n-pull. Those bolts aren't G35 specific, they're used on pretty much every Nissan/Infiniti and will probably fit.

MooseLucifer 05-14-2019 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonpowell98 (Post 7167909)
Where can I find an oem eccentric bolt for the toe I can only find aftermarket ones for lowered cars for that extra range

I got one from the Nissan dealer, which was a few bucks cheaper than the Infiniti dealer - I believe I paid $7 for the eccentric bolt and another 6ish for the eccentric washer?

Jasonpowell98 05-15-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by MooseLucifer (Post 7167918)
I got one from the Nissan dealer, which was a few bucks cheaper than the Infiniti dealer - I believe I paid $7 for the eccentric bolt and another 6ish for the eccentric washer?

Okay perfect I work right by a Nissan dealership I’ll just get those