G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension-164/)
-   -   Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION (https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/79686-suspension-creaking-noise-not-suspension.html)

Rickebob 12-28-2005 09:13 AM

Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION

Hope everyone enjoyed a Merry HanaKwanIsmas.

Just picked up my 04 sedan from service this morning. I had complained (again) about the creaking noise coming from the front suspension (you know the one). Service manager advised the noise was actually being caused by a mis-aligned front driver door and that there had been a recent TSB issued that addressed the problem.

Apparently the TSB advises that the door be removed and some felt pads be installed to prevent the creaking sounds. I do not have the TSB number but I am sure some resourceful forum member can dig it up.

Hope this may solve this problem for some of you. So far, so good on my sedan. After a 30 mile return trip from the dealer this morning it appears the mysterious creaks and groans have been silenced.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

IQ9 12-28-2005 01:19 PM

Did you get the TSB number?

doogie 12-28-2005 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rickebob
I do not have the TSB number but I am sure some resourceful forum member can dig it up.

Originally Posted by IQ9
Did you get the TSB number?

Nice.

Noremac 12-29-2005 12:46 AM

Congrats on identifying your noise problem.

But there are different noises out there! ;) I just recently solved my annoying front end "creaking" problem following replacement of the compression rods (which are suspension parts). In my case, the noise was clearly originating with the front end, under the car.

But I'd be very interested in seeing that TSB, also.

kefalonitis 12-29-2005 05:11 PM

Apparently, after speaking to the service rep at Infiniti, it seems it is a common problem in the G.
After hearing the "creaking noise" last week, I had mine in today and sure enough it was the compression rods that were the culprits.

Rickebob 01-04-2006 04:51 PM

Noremac you are right, not all noises are created equally.

Does anyone know if there has been a TSB concerning the compression rods? I asked my service manager about it and he didn't seem to think so.

As you can guess, my creaking is still there (not the miracle felt pads after all) and I am trying again.

Thanks if anyone knows...

Noremac 01-04-2006 10:32 PM

At this time, I am not aware of a TSB that addresses the compression rod "creaking" problem. Infiniti probably isn't going to be enthusiastic about issuing one, either - especially if they have not fixed the design problem. Replacing parts will temporarily solve the problem, but it is likely to recur unless some design change is made. Sadly, this circumstance serves as an illustration of the difference between Lexus and Infiniti.

The two parts required list for about $150 each (which means they cost Infiniti significantly less!), and they require about 1 hr labor to install. Here are the names and numbers (for the 2004 sedan, at least):

ROD COMPL - TENSION, FR - 54469-AL511
ROD COMPL - COMPRESS - 54468-AL511

lelg35 01-05-2006 08:30 PM

Those are the same part numbers listed on my invoice for my 2005. So far so good. Creak hasn't come back yet after 500 miles.

That was a good one about the misaligned front door. Damn! That dealer made up anything to try and get you out the door!

themax98 01-06-2006 01:06 AM

I had my car in today for service for front end squeaking for the third time..this time a tech went with me..by the way he was really cool..he heard it and called back a few hours later and its a control arm and a bushing..now im not sure if it was one of each or for both sides but i'll find out tomorrow when i pick it up to see if the fix actually worked..my one question to anyone is should they have realigned the car after replacing these parts? Thanks....

PDT 01-06-2006 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by themax98
my one question to anyone is should they have realigned the car after replacing these parts? Thanks....

I never had my car re-aligned after they replaced mine, so I think you should be okay.

kinglenario 01-06-2006 10:06 AM

you should have your car realigned after replacing a control arm. also, for future problems, the squeeking is from dry winter air. the rubber dries out and squeeks. all cars do it. if you take some heavy duty silicone spray and spray your bushings the sqeek will go right away. just spray a bunch in there while someone is rocking the car making it squeek, and just work it in there. there's really no need for new parts, it's not that they're worn.

SixFive 01-06-2006 10:17 AM

I take it you could spray liberally into the suspension without any negative effects?

kinglenario 01-06-2006 10:41 AM

totally, it's just silicone. it's not going to hurt anything. just aim for the squeeky bushings while someone is rocking, pushing down, or recreating the squeek.

SixFive 01-06-2006 11:19 AM

Cool Thanks

Rickebob 01-06-2006 04:09 PM

As usual, forum members rock. Thanks for the details Noremac. My dealer is pretty reasonable to work with so hopefully I can get my compression rods replaced without a bunch of B.S.

Discouraging to know I will probably have to deal with the problem again but at least these new rods will carry some additional warranty (I hope).

Thanks again!