G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion-147/)
-   -   should i buy this coupe..... (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/426690-should-i-buy-coupe.html)

04g35mt 04-30-2013 10:11 AM

should i buy this coupe.....

5 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I do not own a g yet. Im looking at buying one, and wanted to know what some owners thought about the deal, here is the situation

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
109k miles
6MT
drivers seat worn on bottom seat, stitching loose and apart on multiple seams
has the radio climate control problems, no radio and no ac control and steering wheel controls do not work the radio, cruise works
has brembo brakes
stock 350z rims, plasti dipped, the ugly z rims lol
windshield cracked
all stock except lowering springs
rear bumper was tapped, needs replaced
4-5 decent parking lot dents

black paint very dull needs painting, black interior
airbag light on
I can tell it was wrecked at some point, front driver side, wasn't repaired very professionally in my opinion
clean and clear title, not salvage or rebuilt
was asking 7500, but I got him down to 6500, should I pull the trigger? runs great, lots of pull, smooth, and good clutch

any input is greatly appreaciated, thanks

gary c 04-30-2013 10:23 AM

no!

Wizxon 04-30-2013 10:31 AM

I just bought an '04 Automatic w/104k miles for $10,750 but it's in really clean condition. All the controls work and it was taken decent care of, if you shop around I'm sure you can find a much nicer condition one for a couple more grand.

04g35mt 04-30-2013 10:40 AM

the reason i'm drawn to it, is because I usually buy my cars like this and bring them back to life, I get satisfaction knowing I made something better, so the lil dings and dents and seat issue/radio controls, don't bother me much, my best friend owns a body shop, so that's not a problem. i'm more worried about 109k and how the engine may have been treated

Xet 04-30-2013 11:06 AM

Car sounds like it is falling apart in almost all areas, I definitely wouldn't buy that car but it's your money....

04g35mt 04-30-2013 11:08 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...orcev4exp=true

link to car on ebay, I actually found it on craigslist, but just saw it on ebay, in case anyone wants to see it

what he fails to mention in the auction, ( and something I pointed out to him in person ) is the drivers side apron under the hood has obviously been pulled and welded back into place. funny how he doesn't state that in the auction lol

ohfive 04-30-2013 11:11 AM

Poor car. Don't do it unless you love headaches

G2B35AGN 04-30-2013 11:11 AM

I vote with Gary. Too many signs of lack of care...why would routine engine maintenance be any different? Patience...there are other better cars out there with your name on them.

G2B35AGN 04-30-2013 11:16 AM

Just saw pics. That last one tells the whole story. I usually try to clean up my cars for sale. Who posts a pic with trash on the floor?

04g35mt 04-30-2013 11:19 AM

yea, I have been talking to him a week on this car, he just put it on ebay, he is in a big bind I guess, I get the feeling he needs cash like right now, either way I know it has been hit in the front left, the apron has been unprofessionally repaired, I told him that a week ago, but he doesn't mention it in his ebay ad. I thought if I could get him down to around 5k or 5500 it would be worth it, but maybe not

and no it is not a turbo car, the pics on ebay show some retard put a turbo badge on the trunk lid, lmao

Kyle Barbaro 04-30-2013 11:23 AM

save your money and shop around.. atleast IMO

the93owner 04-30-2013 11:32 AM

I wouldn't by a wrecked car. Who knows what kind of problems it will give you in the future, let alone now. It may seem like all of those things are small now, but they'll add up. You'll have to do a lot of repairs on the car. Most (if not all) states won't even let you pass inspection with a cracked windshield. Don't be so infatuated with the car itself that you overlook the quality of the car! I did that when I was shopping around for a G but I made the right decision and waited for a better one. There's plenty of G's in much better condition. Patience is key! You'll find a good deal in time.

04g35mt 04-30-2013 11:38 AM

great advice ! I think im going to pass, I am very attracted to the car, so it was hard, black on black, 6 speed, brembo package, had me mesmerized, lol. and it drove so smooth, I even ran it up to 85-90, and it drove straight as an arrow, but never the less, I think I can get more car for a little more money on the front end of the deal, rather than a ton of money on the back end of the deal

ChaseMG 04-30-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 04g35mt (Post 6743409)
great advice ! I think im going to pass, I am very attracted to the car, so it was hard, black on black, 6 speed, brembo package, had me mesmerized, lol. and it drove so smooth, I even ran it up to 85-90, and it drove straight as an arrow, but never the less, I think I can get more car for a little more money on the front end of the deal, rather than a ton of money on the back end of the deal

So, crazy thing here, I saw that car on craigslist and come here to ask about it and see your thread posted. Before I talk to the guy or look at the car would you mind telling me what problems you found outside of the ones shown in the craigslist/ebay postings?

04g35mt 04-30-2013 12:13 PM

the major thing is that it has in fact been wrecked, my best friend owns a body shop, so I am very experienced in what to look for from him, the first thing is look at the radiator core support, it is brand new compared to other parts in the engine bay, 2 bolts that hold it in place on driver side are not stock and differ from the 2 bolts on the passenger side, look at the apron ( the part that runs up the side of car on the inside of the fender) it has been crumpled, and it was pulled back as straight as they could and welded, very novice welder did the job, the drivers fender doesn't line up with apron flush, it has waves in it,(not the fender, but the apron) this car has been wrecked, it drove fine, seems smooth, clutch is good, I ran it up to 85 mph and let go of wheel, it drove straight, maybe a very slight hint of pull to left , very little, tires are trash, they are shot, rims are curb rashed, the drivers power seat track makes grinding noise on way back, and at the end the seat twists sideways like its binding, windshield is cracked, drivers seat is torn bad, seemed to grind each time I when into 5th gear, car had zero gas in it, I had to put 10 bucks in it , just to test drive it, after I put gas in it, it would start and then immediately die, I had to push gas to keep it running, I heard this is common though and maybe clean the tb will fix or relearn the idle procedure, the car has Alabama title, in a dealer name, and it has repo papers with it, the front of the title shows a lien, but maybe that has been lifted, he told me he bought it from an auction after the bank repoed it, but I dunno????