G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion-147/)
-   -   So, what should I do with my car? (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/455516-so-what-should-i-do-my-car.html)

Mustang5L5 06-06-2016 08:56 PM

Well,

Crawled under the car. The area is soaked with what I assume is differential fluid. I assume that because I've been running the engine quite a bit and the amount of fluid doesn't seem to suggest it came from engine.

Can't located source of fluid leak. Don't care. Just gonna sell the car as is and wipe my hands.

Mustang5L5 06-19-2016 01:35 PM

$1K later....it's gone. :(

Mignav01 06-19-2016 03:47 PM

So, what should I do with my car?

wow, a grand huh? see yourself in another G anytime soon? or taking a break

Mustang5L5 06-19-2016 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mignav01 (Post 7064189)
wow, a grand huh? see yourself in another G anytime soon? or taking a break

Eh, I bought a new car a month ago. It was just in the way in the garage and to be honest if the differential was cracked (leaking fluid so I think it is) I am pretty sure that requires an engine pull.

First guy that showed, I just told him $1k and it was his. He couldn't get it towed out of there fast enough. I threw in some parts to fix some of the minor issues, and I think the fact that I put $800 in new tires literally a week prior kinda sealed it.

I hope he can get it driving again.

I'll be back in an Infiniti again one day. For now, trying something different

Mignav01 06-19-2016 10:19 PM

So, what should I do with my car?

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 (Post 7064219)
Eh, I bought a new car a month ago. It was just in the way in the garage and to be honest if the differential was cracked (leaking fluid so I think it is) I am pretty sure that requires an engine pull.

First guy that showed, I just told him $1k and it was his. He couldn't get it towed out of there fast enough. I threw in some parts to fix some of the minor issues, and I think the fact that I put $800 in new tires literally a week prior kinda sealed it.

I hope he can get it driving again.

I'll be back in an Infiniti again one day. For now, trying something different

oh I see, well good luck with your Ford (I think you said ford). that sucks about the tires. I spent a grand on tires and my car was hit and totalled just a few days later, so I know your pain

Mustang5L5 08-22-2016 12:57 PM

Well, 2 months has passed and I regret selling this car. I sold it to a dealer-type guy who I assume fixed it up by now and it's probably sitting on a lot somewhere, or has been sold. Guy couldn't get the cash out of his pocket fast enough when I told him I'd take $1K for it as it was. Prob sold it for $5K or more. (easier to do when you can offer financing)

Why do I regret it? I wish I kept it to do an engine swap. I would have pulled out the 180K mile engine and trans, and swapped in a V8, manual trans and converted it to RWD. Just this past weekend, I had someone offer me an entire V8+ manual trans setup....if only I had something to put it in.

Oh well. I miss that car. Wish I kept it to do something fun with. Live and learn.