G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion-147/)
-   -   2006 G35 M/T Coupe 12K Miles - Value? (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/457476-2006-g35-m-t-coupe-12k-miles-value.html)

eightieslou 10-31-2016 11:22 PM

2006 G35 M/T Coupe 12K Miles - Value?

1 Attachment(s)
All -

I know this is a tough (and perhaps unreasonable) question to answer accurately, so I apologize in advance for asking it.

I am the original owner of a white, 2006 G35 M/T coupe. It has 12K miles on the odometer and is super clean (you'll be hard pressed to find any scratches or dings on it). It has all options you could get in 2006 except for the aero package (rear spoiler and aerodynamic panels what would go under the car) It is bone stock - still has the original tires and battery. Wheels have no scuffs on them - the car is in show room condition. It has never been raced or abused. It mainly just sits in the garage except for the occasional Sunday drive around the neighborhood.

Kelly Blue Book says I would get 13K for it, which is a joke. I see cars with almost 100K on the odometer and they're asking 15K-16K for them. How much would a car in the condition that I am describing and with the miles I've stated reasonably fetch? I am seriously toying with the idea of selling it and any feedback that you folks would have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you -

Lou

gary c 11-01-2016 12:42 AM

Lou, people can ask whatever they want for their high mileage G35s, selling it is what counts! Your beautiful IP coupe with very low mileage should sell for no less than $18K and I'd start at $20K. Best part is if you want to sell your coupe there's no rush, you can wait for the right buyer with cash in hand! I'd considered selling SLICK at the beginning of this year with only 60K on her clock for $15K and never got a serious call back in two weeks. Pulled her off sale and will probably drive her for another year or two because she get tons of attention and I love driving her!
Gary

Urbanengineer 11-01-2016 09:16 AM

A car is worth what a seller is willing to pay :). Probably 16-18 on a good day. That's DOUBLE what the cost of what most G's go for.

Deepdiver 11-01-2016 10:52 AM

if you're patient and find the right buyer, i don't think you'll have a problem getting 20k for it.

LoSt180 11-01-2016 12:49 PM

I'm going to go for a realistic answer as a potential buyer. These aren't exactly collector's cars, we're not talking about a rare 97-98 Kouki 240SX here, so incredibly low mileage isn't really going to have much affect. $13k is probably a realistic max selling price honestly. Edmonds true market value has an 06 6mt coupe with 100k miles priced at $7-9k. 12,000 miles really only bumped that to $8-10.5k.

$20k is a ridiculous suggestion, a quick search shows a 2012 G37 6mt with 50k miles right at $20,000. So a 4-5 year old car that still has a power train warranty vs a 10-11 year old car outside of it's warranty window that has an engine known for oil consumption and hasn't been driven enough to even know if it's affected.
In the same search, there's an 09 G37 with 21k miles for $19k, and a handful of 08-09 models with under 60k miles priced in the $14,500 to $18k range.

Most people have an emotional attachment that makes them think their car is worth more than it really is. Plus Kelly Blue Book is notoriously optimistic in used values. Either keep it or sell it for a reasonable price.

dofu 11-01-2016 02:21 PM

Even though it has low miles, your car is still 10 years old, and isn't a collector's car, a vintage, or anything of that sort. But it doesn't hurt to list it at $20k and see what you get.

Lartytiejdke3 11-01-2016 04:53 PM

If you're looking at another car and the dealer says we'll give you 15k, id take that immediately. Really not worth the time and the effort of showing the car and dealing with people low balling you etc over another few thousand or so

BradMD_96 11-01-2016 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor (Post 7082003)
If you're looking at another car and the dealer says we'll give you 15k, id take that immediately. Really not worth the time and the effort of showing the car and dealing with people low balling you etc over another few thousand or so

Definitely this.

I'm also amazed your battery has lasted 10 years. The heat here in FL kills batteries and I'm sure cold weather doesn't help either.
On another note, those tires - also 10 years old - are potentially dangerous now?

Blue Dream 11-01-2016 09:43 PM

^^You hit the nail on the head with the tire observation. At 10 years old best case scenario is they're semi-functional. However no matter how many miles are on them rubber isn't designed to last forever, I'd be really concerned dry rot was setting in. I definitely wouldn't drive for long on them. OTOH OP, you've got a gem there, like jersey said if you could get $15k from a buyer or as a trade in take the money and run. If you want a reality check, take it to a local CarMax and see what they would give you for it as a straight up sale. They will look over your car for a little less than an hour and then make you an offer that is good for 7 days. I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised at how much it will be.If you do, please post the result here, I'm very curious what it might be.

eightieslou 11-01-2016 10:04 PM

All -

Many, many thanks for all of the feedback. I appreciate everyone's input greatly. If I do sell it (which I am leaning towards), I'll let you know what I end up getting for it.

Again, thanks for taking the time and submitting your feedback. Very appreciated. :-)

Luis

hamptong35 08-04-2017 02:42 PM

Did you sell it?

hamptong35 08-04-2017 02:45 PM

I have the EXACT same car..and I do mean Exact in every aspect. 83k miles. was my dads now its mine. Only thing I added was a cold air intake. Always garaged. Pristine.

Justice06RR 08-07-2017 12:12 PM

Damn 12k miles???

That's like 5 miles every month lol. It actually calculates to about 90miles/month on average.
I assume this is a spare/weekend car.

Good luck with the sale if you're still in the market.

Just for kicks, take it to an Infiniti Dealer and ask them how much they will give you for it...

glennp_1999 09-30-2017 05:46 PM

You saved the mileage of the car all these years only to sell it so the next owner can enjoy it? If you wanted money back for a car you should have bought a car worth collecting. This car is not exactly a collectors item. There was nothing special about the coupe you bought. You can ask the money you like for it finding someone who has a hard on for this car is another story. Enjoy the car drive the damn thing and stop making this a garage queen.

cleric670 09-30-2017 07:27 PM

No idea if he actually sold it since he made this thread about a year ago but... his situation might not reflect your own, I have a friend that has 3 cars in a garage that don't even have 10k on the engine and each at least a decade old, he has more money than he knows what to do with and just really wanted a Porche Boxter S, a Honda Civic his deceased father bought new (died the same month), and a Chevy truck from the 1990's that he bought to tow a boat he never ended up purchasing so...

I don't hassle him over what he keeps in his garage or what's in his fridge, it's his decision to use HIS property as he see's fit.

EDIT: If I was selling that G I'd ask $18.5k and let people talk me down to $18k

Double Edit: Actually if I had that G I wouldn't sell it, I'd give it to my wife!