Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)
View Poll Results: Should I buy and part out a G35?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Advice on G35 Sedan for parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on G35 Sedan for parts

Hello everyone, I had a question about a '06 G35 sedan that popped up on my local Craigslist for about 1,000 dollars. It has a bad transmission but looks like it's in decent cosmetic shape with 175k miles on the car. It's silver with a grey leather interior.

I'd plan to pull off the bigger parts over the weekend and store them in my garage. My goal would be to sell most of the exterior parts like the fenders, bumpers, doors and hood along with the larger interior parts like seats and carpet. After getting those parts I'd scrap it afterwards. Assuming when I go check the car out, and it checks out decently well mechanically and cosmetically, do any of you think I could make some money parting out with only the larger parts?

If it sounds like an awful idea, feel free to tell me, I'm sure you guys know a lot more about these cars than I do and I'd appreciate the honesty! I'm just trying to make some extra money in my free time to help pay for school and keep myself busy. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Old 08-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Depending on the condition of the car, sounds like a great deal. Don't forget that a lot of those parts will fit the 05-07 model coupe and sedan. The engine should fit many different years. I'm sure the dash is cracked with that many miles but there's always a market for a decent condition dash. There's a guy in my area with his backyard full of 350z and g35's that he parts out because he knows them so well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.