G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion-147/)
-   -   Should I buy 06 G35x (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/464530-should-i-buy-06-g35x.html)

nismonismo 08-24-2018 08:23 AM

Should I buy 06 G35x

6 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody. I'm very new here, but have always been a Nissan fan. Lots of Maximas have been through the family garage.

My friend has been overseas and his sister has been driving his 06 G35x he's trying to sell. He's offered it to me for 3k before he lists it on CL.

Here's the catch. Bought CPO from dealer. It has 135k miles on the odometer, but the short block (I think) had to be replaced at 78k and the dealer did all of the work under warranty. Had it checked out by an independent shop that does exclusively Nissan and there were no compression issues. The seats have also been torn to hell which I'm not sure how...but I guess I could get some seat covers for. We also live in GA so there isn't aren't any rust issues to worry about underneath.

Is this worth the headache? I'm looking for a new daily so I don't have to drive the minivan around. Coming from a 09 Subaru Legacy 3.0R. RT commute is 6 miles. During the work day, I have to drive a Nissan NV200 utility van haha.

Thanks

Konsole 08-24-2018 10:29 AM

If its mechanically sound, you could probably get the seats fixed and still have it be a decent deal. Hard to value these at this age IMO, because some are in really good condition and some are trash.

G2B35AGN 08-24-2018 06:34 PM

For $3K and known history you describe, that's a hell of a deal. If the sedan floats your boat I'd definitely take it. I enjoyed my 06 sedanX before it went to the insurance graveyard. Let me know if you want the sedanX-specific (rare) Hotchkis swaybars I never got to install and never got around to posting for sale yet.... certified the number one sedan mod by none other than the omnipresent moderator BlueDream.

nismonismo 08-27-2018 10:09 AM

Hey guys. Thanks for the input. Yea, I think I'm going to go for it. It's a bit of an older car, but it isn't taking me on long hauls.

Pritto 02-19-2020 03:55 AM

monthly bookkeeping services

Originally Posted by nismonismo (Post 7147900)
Hello everybody. I'm very new here, but have always been a Nissan fan. Lots of Maximas have been through the family garage.

My friend has been overseas and his sister has been driving his 06 G35x he's trying to sell. He's offered it to me for 3k before he lists it on CL.
Monthly bookkeeping services 6530 Trask Terrace, Alexandria, VA 22315.
Here's the catch. Bought CPO from dealer. It has 135k miles on the odometer, but the short block (I think) had to be replaced at 78k and the dealer did all of the work under warranty. Had it checked out by an independent shop that does exclusively Nissan and there were no compression issues. The seats have also been torn to hell which I'm not sure how...but I guess I could get some seat covers for. We also live in GA so there isn't aren't any rust issues to worry about underneath.

Is this worth the headache? I'm looking for a new daily so I don't have to drive the minivan around. Coming from a 09 Subaru Legacy 3.0R. RT commute is 6 miles. During the work day, I have to drive a Nissan NV200 utility van haha.

Thanks

great car!

Jay Z 02-19-2020 08:49 PM

Someone was up late googling g35x should I buy threads lol