G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion-147/)
-   -   Being taken advantaged of by dealer? (https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/78558-being-taken-advantaged-dealer.html)

dR6 12-16-2005 06:31 PM

Being taken advantaged of by dealer?

I put my order in for my '06 coupe months ago and it's finally come in. The agreed on price was 2% over invoice. I've been calling for months trying to get the final drive out price but he would avoid me, or say it's being faxed.

Well, I called to get the final price before I fly in to pick it up and it's $300 more than what I calculated. He added:

- $40 more for destination (went from $610 to $650)
- $64 for mandatory trunk mat (I never asked for this)
- $93.86 for some stupid fee for insurance for having the car on the lot (it's only been there a couple freakin' days!

He also mentioned $127.05 for licensing and registration. The thing is, I'm buying it in Texas but I live in Oklahoma, and am registering it here. I can't get a straight answer from any tag agency on whether or not I have to pay this fee.

Is he trying to screw me since he knows I'm buying a one way ticket and HAVE to buy the car?

MikeyMike 12-16-2005 06:41 PM

Yup, I think he's trying to screw u real good.

HokieZ 12-16-2005 07:49 PM

Well he's giving you the trunk mat at invoice but if you don't want it call the deal off, he won't throw the deal over it. The delivery charge did go up to 650 so that's not his fault either. The insurance sounds like BS. I don't know about licensing and registration.

Poker_G 12-16-2005 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by dR6
I put my order in for my '06 coupe months ago and it's finally come in. The agreed on price was 2% over invoice. I've been calling for months trying to get the final drive out price but he would avoid me, or say it's being faxed.

I am sure any other dealer would be jumping to attention for 2% on a car that they probably average 7-8%:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by dR6
Well, I called to get the final price before I fly in to pick it up and it's $300 more than what I calculated. He added:

- $40 more for destination (went from $610 to $650)
- $64 for mandatory trunk mat (I never asked for this)
- $93.86 for some stupid fee for insurance for having the car on the lot (it's only been there a couple freakin' days!

He also mentioned $127.05 for licensing and registration. The thing is, I'm buying it in Texas but I live in Oklahoma, and am registering it here. I can't get a straight answer from any tag agency on whether or not I have to pay this fee.

Is he trying to screw me since he knows I'm buying a one way ticket and HAVE to buy the car?

The fee for insurance is just an attempt to get some profit back in the deal. He's taking his shot. BFD!
License & reg - I do not know specifics in TX or OK

But seriously, starting @ 2% over invoice and you think that the dealer is taking advantage of you?::rolleyes:

achen 12-16-2005 08:43 PM

an extra $300 will put your car at about 3% over invoice. On an 06' that's still really good.

Jp1 12-17-2005 02:17 AM

Depending where you live the deal is still solid. You've done a good job researching.