Canada Serving Canada.

Favorite cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Here's a nice car I once rode in. Disregard the guy with the cheesy 80's mustache. Clearly the beauty in the white dress had been drinking heavily and didn't know what she was getting into.

The car, btw, is a 1947 Cadillac Series 62. And no, it was not new in these pictures.
Nice, great pics SwivelHips , oops, sorry , I mean SwivelMan

Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by usual_suspect
My '74 Z-28 unfortunately predates the digital age by a bit, and I haven't dug out and scanned my old photos yet. The car in this borrowed image is identical to the one I bought brand new when I was 19, same colour and without the ugly hood/trunk graphics. I added ET IV wheels and L60 tires in the back.

Hey, that is nice prize to drive new at age 19. Wow.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Great thread idea Deane! We talk so much about G's that its easy to forget what brought us to this point. I wanted to post my own actual pics of these cars, but couldn't find them, so I found links instead already on the web.

This is one of my favourite cars growing up a 1975 Mercury Marquis - we kept it a really long time and learned how to drive on it back in highschool. I once put 12 friends in my car just to see if I could do so comfortably.

The fact I love about this car is that John Candy drove one in "Uncle Buck" - remember how it backfired everytime he parked it? It was huge, and that was a two-door! I had a four-door! I remember my girlfriend at the time had a custom Econoline extended van at the time, and the mercury was a foot longer.

In keeping with the big cars, a buddy of mine has a 1978 Lincoln Town Car, what will make you laugh is that this picture is from LAST SATURDAY!! That's me busting out my big pimpin moves...

Went out for dinner with some friends and took the newly repainted town car out on the town. It was hilarious. I know how driving a shiny, clean G can get looks from certain people, but this car got looks from everybody. Its like driving 2 leather couches. The most comfortable ride ever.

I could include some others, but I never owned them and I think that's what makes this thread fun. I'd have to say that the Lamboghini Countach (from the Alpine poster) was a fave of mine.

Just my two cents,
Al
Thanks for the comments and for posting your pics. They jogged my memory banks and made me think of the '74 Cougar XR7 2 door Coupe 400 cu. inch I owned. Huge car especially for a two door. Wish I could find pics of it.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Nice, great pics SwivelHips , oops, sorry , I mean SwivelMan

Thank you, thank you very much...

Old 04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Love the cars guys. My fav. owned car has to be the G, hands down. Having said that, a close second was a 1966 MGB that ended up being a 1969 body with the guts of the 66. Had it all throught University and put tons of miles on it. Not nearly as fast as some of my compatriot's cars, but in traffic it could usually keep up with most of my buddies hotter vehicles. Lots of fun. I only just got rid of it. It sat at the side of my house for a rebuild that I never did. It went as part of the deal I made with my better half to get the G. My first car and most unusual was a 64, slant 6, push button Tranny Valiant. My dad got it for me so I could do deliveries for his shop. It really moved and usually stopped very well. Until the day it met the side of a cement truck which decided to make a left in front of me. He thought he had lots of time, wrong. The officer charged me because of the length of skid marks I left while trying to stop. Young and stupid at the time.
I also had a old police car, Plymoth/dodge something that was heavy duty everthing. I drove it on and off for 6 years and it started everytime, no matter how long it sat. A friggin tank.

Last edited by whatacar; 09-23-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Rated M

Hey cool Sam. That's a long time to have that MGB.Sometime I would like to hear the details of the MGB/G deal.

Those Valiants were bullet proof cars. Had a good friends dad that owned one and would never stop talking about how great it was.

Your cop car may have been a Plymouth Fury. I got my drivers licence with my dad's '72 ex RCMP interceptor. Heavy duty was right. He has owned 6 ex RCMP cars now and all have been extremely durable and inexpensive. The last 5 have been Crown Vics.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Rated M

This is probably my favorite vehicle I have owned.

1993 Mazda MX6. It was by far the most reliable and economical car, fun to drive and comfortable car I have ever owned. I had it for 11 years and 140k kms until I got the G. Stored every winter. Car even had original exhaust. I replaced the battery after about 5 years, did the brakes twice (first time was a Mazda recall for softer pads), replaced the timing belt and changed the oil. That's it. Car looked and drove the same as the day I bought it. Other people that drove it would not believe it was 11 years old before I sold it.

Pic is in Cape Breton on the Bra' Dor Lake.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favorite car is SSC Ultimate Aero TT. I like this car because this car is a racing car.

Sun Exim - A progressive rubber industry in india

Last edited by sunexim; 09-01-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
04-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Last post.....

Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Rated M

Holy thread revival. Loved going back through it though. Tons of memories for me.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Good read from 07! I don't have a list of cars yet, but I can't wait for the day that I look back and go.

"Back in 2010, I had an 05 Infiniti G35! First semi-new car I bought! Wish I still had it today."

LOL

Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
97' Prelude. This was my First Sports Car, I was 20 when I got it. Despite the lack or torque I loved it. Nice thing is I sold it to my Bro in 2002 and my Bro sold it a couple years later to his friend who still drives it!!

My all time Favorite that I WILL own one day has got to be the 94' to 97' Supra TT, about a month after me getting the Lude one of the supervisors who had a black 96' 6spd with upgraded TRD Turbos sold it for 3 grand more than what I bought my new Prelude for I was pissed I just missed out. I like them tastefully done not like the $hit on Fast & Furious.

Attached Thumbnails Favorite cars-lude-side.jpg   Favorite cars-toyota-supra-black.jpg   Favorite cars-1979-toyota-supra-14w.jpg  
Old 12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I loved my LS, but the G is my favorite.

I still want to build and LS though.

They are just pure mafia

Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
97' Prelude. This was my First Sports Car, I was 20 when I got it. Despite the lack or torque I loved it. Nice thing is I sold it to my Bro in 2002 and my Bro sold it a couple years later to his friend who still drives it!!

My all time Favorite that I WILL own one day has got to be the 94' to 97' Supra TT, about a month after me getting the Lude one of the supervisors who had a black 96' 6spd with upgraded TRD Turbos sold it for 3 grand more than what I bought my new Prelude for I was pissed I just missed out. I like them tastefully done not like the $hit on Fast & Furious.
One of my best friends imported a 93 from Japan last summer that was built by Victory Racing. I had the pleasure of detailing it and he took me for a drive in it. What a freakin' BEAST!!!!!! Hands down the fastest car I've ever been in. But I guess 550rwhp will do that. I can't post a video here, but if you do a search on youtube "HKS T51R Single Turbo Hardtop Supra", that is his. He only paid $28k CDN for it including shipping to NB.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 12-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Rated M

It would take some getting used to the RH drive and shifting/clutching with the same side.

Just watched the vid. Quick indeed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favorite cars