Canada Serving Canada.

The G35 is gone....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ian no problem...I want to stick with this wheel issue as I want to make a decision ove the winter. Which brand do you have again? I know my current tires are runflats...would you stick with that route? I definitely want to go lighter than stock as much as possible, and I do hear that runflats are heavy...ah decisions. I loved my PIAA's (they are for sale by the way..another post for that issue). pm me a number I can reach you at, I would like to discus this wheel/tire thing at length, and as you have a BMW with experience in this area, I would love to chat...I will also be getting in touch with Kevin for his opinions.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
By the way....I called a BMW dealership to inquire about their winter and tire package and it is going for almost $3900 (plus taxes)!! These would come with runflats and tire pressure monitoring......geez (welcome to the club i guess)....

Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smilepro
Hey guys.....been a long time since I have been on the site. I recently got rid of the G and am now the proud owner of a 2007 BMW 650i convertible (white with black top and tan leather interior). Really sad to see the G go, but now very anxious for spring!! Anyhow, I will continiue on as a member here, and hope to come to some meets (even if I have to park in a corner ) Any suggestions on what rims would look good on a 650? Happy to take suggestions...
i have the same exact car in smg. sevas qautrostem will look so sexy. check the youtube video there no joke. i said goodbye to my 6 yesterday. i sold it and its on the way to fl gl buddy

Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by RANC3R
i have the same exact car in smg. sevas qautrostem will look so sexy. check the youtube video there no joke. i said goodbye to my 6 yesterday. i sold it and its on the way to fl gl buddy

Thanks...keep those suggestions coming!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by smilepro
Hey Ian no problem...I want to stick with this wheel issue as I want to make a decision ove the winter. Which brand do you have again? I know my current tires are runflats...would you stick with that route? I definitely want to go lighter than stock as much as possible, and I do hear that runflats are heavy...ah decisions. I loved my PIAA's (they are for sale by the way..another post for that issue). pm me a number I can reach you at, I would like to discus this wheel/tire thing at length, and as you have a BMW with experience in this area, I would love to chat...I will also be getting in touch with Kevin for his opinions.
Kevin is running DPE signature S-20

& I'm running Volk Progressiv ME with Michelin PS2

Everyone that I know doing wheel upgrades ditches the run flats.
I didn't have to worry about that since the ///M doesn't come with runflats.
Mine came with a mobility kit/compressor for roadside.
....something like this from Tirerack (CDN Tire has something similar)

I'm also fortunate that I don't have flat senors to worry about.... mine uses the ABS system to detect a low tire.
The problem with sensors in the winter rims is they have to be programmed at the dealer every time you swap rims.

IIRC there are changes in the wind re: insurance & cars that come OE with runflats & sensors.
Dubbletrubble aka Matt can comment if he's around.
--if a car comes equiped with RFs & sensors, you can't put non-RFs on the car for sure though...

Last edited by InTgr8r; 12-21-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r

& I'm running Volk Progressiv ME with Michelin PS2

Everyone that I know doing wheel upgrades ditches the run flats.
I didn't have to worry about that since the ///M doesn't come with runflats.
Mine came with a mobility kit/compressor for roadside.
....something like this from Tirerack (CDN Tire has something similar)

I'm also fortunate that I don't have flat senors to worry about.... mine uses the ABS system to detect a low tire.
The problem with sensors in the winter rims is they have to be programmed at the dealer every time you swap rims.

IIRC there are changes in the wind re: insurance & cars that come OE with runflats & sensors.
Dubbletrubble aka Matt can comment if he's around.
--if a car comes equiped with RFs & sensors, you can't put non-RFs on the car for sure though...
We were talking about that a few days ago on one of these threads. I'm interested to hear about that even though it doesn't affect me right now.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Those wheels are quite nice......do people feelo that Hre's are worth the money? I have been in love with the 540r's for quite some time, and think the combination of agressive/classiness would look great on my car...And the Seva's are very nice..... I think $1000 to $1400 per wheel is my comfort zone (my PIAA's were about $1000 per wheel)...Ian, how can get in touch with you?

Old 12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
PM sent

Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inTgr8r

wow... i just got a quote on these and the r07 variant s lol. i'm thinking of putting one of them on my new car that is coming. but geez.. the s20's are pricey!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by RANC3R
Hey man....if you have any leads on wheels for the 6er (don't mind used if they are in good shape) please let me know...too bad you got rid of your car..what's next?