Canada Serving Canada.

Looking for a G: German Star Motors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by philclement
Any statement made on this entire forum is up for debate, most times. I was simply trying to offer a little help to the gentleman who started this thread so that he can make an informed decision about buying a G35. We don't eat our children on this forum.

Geez I see someone can't take a little humor Being an active member since 2005 I'm pretty sure I know what we do and don't do around here.

Anyway the advice I would give is the same as anyone else here go to a reputable mechanic and get them to check the car out. Allot of issues with this car ave already been discussed on this site so do a search and mention the common problems to the mechanic.
I wouldn't advise buying a car from a "Mickey Mouse" dealer those are usualy the cars left over that the Nissan/Infiniti dealerships didn't want.

Last edited by G-MAN (CANADA); 05-05-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Geez I see someone can't take a little humor Being an active member since 2005 I'm pretty sure I know what we do and don't do around here.

Anyway the advice I would give is the same as anyone else here go to a reputable mechanic and get them to check the car out. Allot of issues with this car ave already been discussed on this site so do a search and mention the common problems to the mechanic.
I wouldn't advise buying a car from a "Mickey Mouse" dealer those are usualy the cars left over that the Nissan/Infiniti dealerships didn't want.
Hmmm, "chillpill" duly noted. Perhaps I was in "YouTube" mode when I made my comment. I'm not sure why I torture myself by reading YouTube comments that state "my Neon SRT4 is better than your G35 rice machine". There's lots of G35 haters out there - but I suppose most of these folks can only afford to drive Neons and Cavaliers, then spend all their time figuring out how to make them perform as good as premium Japanese or German autos. I then have to come back to a mature forum like G35driver.com to decompress and get the straight facts about our rides.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a lot of research about the year of the G35 you're looking for, I got the first year model 2003 G35 and have had a few issues, creaking on the rear and transmission grinding both of which got taken care by the dealership luckily with my warranty just about running out.

Things I had to replace myself, rotors and brake pads for brembo typically very very very expensive but found some cheaper places online, both compression rods for front, window motor twice, clock radio light burnt out changed to led bulb and stock radio unit started crapping out, changed it to double din.

I think only the revup engines have oil consumption issues...... I want to avoid any further issues

As of right now, the car runnig perfectly, fingers crossed, definately a fun car love the sound, clutch is very stiff but gotten used to it... my left leg is a beast now....

Originally Posted by supercooled
Guys, I'm looking to get a used G35 Coupe before summer's over. Preferably something with low mileage and under $30k and upon searching Autotrader, many hits came from GermanStarMotors located on Steeles and Kennedy (near Pacific Mall) here in Toronto, Canada. Anyway, some people on RedFlagDeals said from first hand experience, they're pretty shady. It's just a small lot with a handful of cars and a trailer for their office. I would prefer to deal with a reputable dealership. GSM has a few less than 20k for $30k which some have said is from the States. Any problems buying cars that were imported from the States? Any pitfalls?

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/listi...?vlotid=299097