G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada-36/)
-   -   GEE35FX's Cross Country Tour (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/380983-gee35fxs-cross-country-tour.html)

gtoor1990 06-25-2011 12:27 AM

wow those pictures wayne there amazing! seems like tons of fun!

GEE35FX 06-25-2011 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT (Post 5962449)
Beautiful pics, Wayne!! I cannot believe you were in Grand Forks and didn't call me! Bummer! Oh well, maybe next time! Which way are you guys heading back?? And Ashland Wisconsin, we go there every summer camping and boating on Lake Superior!

Heck, I would have called you if I had known you were near Grand Forks Janik.
Our exact route back is still up in the air as to the exact road stops.
It is roughly as follows after we leave the Okanogan Valley in BC:
-Spokane, Washington
-Butte, Montana
-Jackson, Wyoming
-Casper, Wyoming
-Rapid City, South dakota
-Sioux Falls, South Dakota
-Waterloo, Iowa
-Gary, Indiana (the guys from a FX site I belong to want to have a meet with me in Chicago)
-Plymouth Michigan
-home in Ontario.

ad infinitum 06-25-2011 01:14 AM

You went all the way out there, and you're not taking some time to see Vancouver Island...??? If you've never been there before, it will be regrettable ... :icon43:

Long Beach alone is a 'bucket list' destination:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...long-beach.jpg

Just my 2 cent travel tip... :D

GEE35FX 06-25-2011 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by ad infinitum (Post 5962604)
You went all the way out there, and you're not taking some time to see Vancouver Island...??? If you've never been there before, it will be regrettable ... :icon43:

Long Beach alone is a 'bucket list' destination:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...long-beach.jpg

Just my 2 cent travel tip... :D

Oh I would never forget that.
We have stayed all around on the island before.
We love the island and have had many great holidays there along with Vancouver and the BC Coastline.
Our daughter went to UBC and her hubby is from Vancouver..

RBull 06-25-2011 07:49 AM

Wayne, those are just incredible pictures. I loved looking at them and will be back for more viewings!! Thanks for posting up. I really like having the FX staged in some of them too. Looking good. That's got to be an incredible trip. It's been years since I've been to most of those places you've shown. :biggthumpup: :cool:

I love Canada. :biggthumpup:

Garnet Canuck 06-25-2011 09:54 AM

Wayne, your pictures are simply gorgeous!! They really make me want to move back out to Alberta too! We sure do live in a beautiful Country!!

GEE35FX 06-25-2011 10:09 AM

Thanks again.
Deane and Shane, you are right Canada is the best. I think we Canadians spend too much time travelling to other countries before we see all of our own magnificent country and it's people.
It is so neat to take the time and enjoy our very own surroundings.

RBull 06-25-2011 10:12 AM

+1

I couldn't agree more. :8:

Originally Posted by GEE35FX (Post 5962892)
Thanks again.
Deane and Shane, you are right Canada is the best. I think we Canadians spend too much time travelling to other countries before we see all of our own magnificent country and it's people.

JaE35 06-25-2011 10:30 AM

Amazing pictures wow

04G35NYC 06-25-2011 11:11 AM

Simply amazing, i need to take a vacation on the G to Canada.

kayveeee 06-25-2011 11:17 AM

These pictures look so unreal man, how long is this trip going to take total?

GEE35FX 06-25-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by kayveeee (Post 5962967)
These pictures look so unreal man, how long is this trip going to take total?

We figured about 6 weeks, and the way it looks I will probably total about 12-13,000 kms in distance.in the FX.
We will be back next summer to see some places we never got to.

red35 06-25-2011 01:15 PM

Pic's look awesome. I am glad you liked the way i way talking about. I do that drive once a year. It is so nice.

ad infinitum 06-25-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by GEE35FX (Post 5962892)
Thanks again.

Not me - I spend the majority of my travel time in Canada and the remainder of it south of our border...strangely, international travel doesn't hold a huge appeal for me...:dunno: It's something I can wait until a bit later in life to do, and won't really regret missing if I get hit by a bus tomorrow... :D

Glad to hear you didn't forget about the island - and now also exceedingly envious of the amount of time you've spent there... :o

InTgr8r 06-25-2011 08:24 PM

Fantastic travelog Wayne.
Glad to hear that you and K are enjoying it so much. :)