G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada-36/)
-   -   advice on Test Pipes...which ones? (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/454530-advice-test-pipes-ones.html)

G-MAN (CANADA) 03-31-2016 08:28 PM

advice on Test Pipes...which ones?

I've been off an on about ordering these for over a year now and I think this time I may pull the trigger and get a set of Test pipes just a couple of questions before I do.

Is it even worth it buying From the US, having it shipped to Niagara Falls NY and picking it up from there or just finding a Canadian supplier that can get them for me?

For any of you G35/37 HR owners, if you're running a set of your car how is the sound, any rasp?? (I own an 08' Sedan)

Thanks in advance or the help.

gary c 03-31-2016 09:47 PM

There is so much restriction in the factory converters (OE) adding test pipes will give your G a terrible sound! Add test pipes to an OE exhaust is like putting 3 lbs of dog sh!t in a 1 lb can...get the idea? Better idea is Fast Intention high flow cats, same volume but not the harsh tone and rasp.
Gary

hurleyguys 03-31-2016 10:02 PM

i go with gary. i had high flow cats and i still got a little rasp at about 3k RPM but not bad. sounds good.

if you are really set on test pipes get the art pipes.

Tyke420 04-01-2016 02:56 AM

Gary is so right once again. I put test pipes on my stock exhaust and it sounded horrible.. If your considering anything with your stock exhaust Berk HFCs are decent..

JM Auto Racing 04-01-2016 01:34 PM

Definitely recommend either the Berk HFC or Test Pipes or if your budget prevails, the ART Pipes.

VenomGT9 04-01-2016 01:50 PM

Fast Intentions HFCs

brycealbr 04-01-2016 04:31 PM

I have Berk test pipes and I love them. I do get a little rasp under hard acceleration from 4k to 4.5k rpms.

sick_sixspeed 04-01-2016 05:15 PM

I honestly felt bad about spending $600 on art pipes. Then I installed them and heard that sweet sweet sound!!! Every time I hear a g or z with straight test pipes it reminds me why I spent that $600 lol

G-MAN (CANADA) 04-15-2016 11:12 AM

Well I did get a set of Megan racing V2 res pipes, got them for a great deal that's why I'll try them out and see how the sound is, I do have Magnaflow mufflers so I'm curious and if they do happen to sound like crap I could easily get rid of them for the same cost I bought them for.

I just have a small issue now, the guy who had them never ordered the o2 sensor non fowlers, I'd like to get them before installing the pipes so I don't get a SES light. Any of you local guys have any advice for getting these? I know they sell them on EBay but just wondering if local exhaust shops carry these. I'm not even sure which ones are for my application.

gary c 04-15-2016 02:35 PM

Fact Intentions NOT Berks!

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing (Post 7052476)
Definitely recommend either the Berk HFC or Test Pipes or if your budget prevails, the ART Pipes.

Berks HFCs suck and their company will not stand behind their product, only cost me $400 to discover this simple FACT!
Gary