Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino, CG, Meguiars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino, CG, Meguiars

Hi. First time posting. I have the emerald green sedan, and need to park it outside all of the time, thus looking for the best protection. I have already applied two coats of Meguiars Gold polish and wax, but after reading the posts, am now thinking that either the Zaino or CG would be better. Question is this. Can I just wash the car with something like Dawn, and then use either CG or Zaino? Is the CG like this product Nu Finish i used several years ago on an older car? Interested in CG over Zaino for the ease of application (gives me more time to drive!). Can CG be appiled in the sun (like Nu Finish)?
Thanks

Old 10-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Zaino, CG, Meguiars

Your best bet is to use the search function as this topic has been hashed before. I recently got my shipment of zaino products. I have used Meguiras gold class in the past and it looks nice. I think the zaino will be better and offer more protection. I am going to try it on my SHO first as the paint on it needs more help than my G does.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 10-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

yup, most people here dawn and then use zaino or CG. you'll get opinions that will swing you either way. i use CG because it's fast and i don't have time for all the zaino steps. i apply it in shade, out of direct sunlight, or my garage.

try this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...view=&sb=&vc=1

when i ordered my large bottle of CG quick it was $40. i'm not sure if that is the still the case.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

time spent in recce is seldom wasted.
Look down the page for exact same q in post from a week ago.

DB

Old 10-20-2003, 02:00 PM

I use Zaino Brothers and it the best polish I have ever seen. My sedan is black, so it's bugger to keep clean. I used the fine scratch remover for a couple of coats and then the clear coat polish. I swear my wife could do her hair on that shine. I did the first application about 3 weeks ago and a I have only washed it with the Zaino wash once a week since then and it still looks like I just polished it.

It doesn't take all that much time to put on and you can build it up with multiple coats. you won't regret it.

Danger Monkey
G35 Sedan, 6mt, Black, willow, aero

Old 10-21-2003, 12:24 AM

There isn't one product that's clearly the best. You will get different opinions.

If you want long lasting protection, you should go with a polymer sealant like Zaino or CG. Carnauba is fine if you wax regularily, but Carnauba won't last.

I use Zaino on both my black BMW 740, and my wife's silver G35. Others here use CG. There are other good polymers as well.

Nu-Finish isn't in the same class. It's very abrasive. Might be fine for old paint, but I would use something better for a new car's paint.

Old 10-26-2003, 02:34 AM

As someone who does detailing all the time.. I would highly roccomend u use Zaino on your car and take the time to follow the instructions fully and you will be the happies **** going. have a look at a few cars we have done. Some with Zaino Also u must use dawn.. non scented if possible =)http://www.vwinsider.com/soclean

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by IWANNAGTWO on 10/26/03 12:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-27-2003, 09:37 PM

After reading a whole lot of different opinions on which product to use, I finally decided on the Zaino, which I just ordered for my 3 month old G35C. The Meguiars did not seem to last very long sitting all day out in the sun every day.
Thanks for all the info.