G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   I just got keyed!!! Brand new 07 Coupe!! :( (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/130871-i-just-got-keyed-brand-new-07-coupe.html)

fadingsignal 12-19-2006 02:42 PM

I just got keyed!!! Brand new 07 Coupe!! :(

Saturday night I took my 2 week-old black 07 G35 Coupe to a friend's Christmas party in North Hollywood and stayed the night, parked in the street. In the morning me and a few friends went outside to find their cars egged, but mine KEYED. The passenger side has 3 long wavey scrapes, that cross over all 3 panels (rear fender, side/door/, front fender). They are deep enough that they are white at their deepest. I'll post pics but I'm trying to figure out what to do! It looks like I'm going to need the whole right side re-painted! My poor 2 week old baby!!

I know that re-painting is never the same as OEM. I'm just trying to figure out what options I have before I go through the claim process. I'll try to post some pics later today.

madchef 12-19-2006 02:43 PM

thats awful :(

codeflux 12-19-2006 02:45 PM

fvcking pieces of sh1t who did this need to be castrated. motherfvckers i swear! sucks, man. /edit black G... that's gonna suck repainting it.

kenchan 12-19-2006 08:07 PM

that sucks... parking overnight on the streets in north hollywood... you
were brave. :cool:

Sxt-Rich 12-19-2006 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear. I just bought mine too and I'd be pissed if that happened to me. Good luck fixing it.

THE ONE 12-23-2006 12:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your car bro. I know how you feel. I had my G35x for two months when some low-life scumbag smashed the window on one of my doors. Didn't steal a thing. A**shole(s) did it right on my own driveway too. It's really a shame there is a small segment of the population that is so jealous. There can't be any other way to explain it.

light 12-27-2006 02:19 PM

man. sorry to hear that.

Queenskid24 12-27-2006 11:52 PM

oh man...i feel for you. good luck with that paint job.

gary c 12-28-2006 12:03 AM

Ya yes, north hollywood scum capitol of the valley....

I hate to hear about cars getting keyed, gets me way pissed! North Hollywood is a cruddy area to be parking a new car overnight.........
Sorry this happned to you! Not many area left in the valley where I'd
leave my car parked overnight unless it was in a secured, locked garage.
(and I had the only key)

G-MENTED 12-31-2006 05:37 PM

the only other option is the ghetto cheap way. touch up paint and then polish and wax. =)

sikkstreets 01-17-2007 09:30 PM

Damn dude i just got my 2007 Coupe Fully loaded Black on Black one week old. People look weird at me as i am so ****ing scared some low life will key my precious baby. I come outside every 5 minutes to make sure nothing is happening to it, but then again 5 mins is enought 2 key it. I also park it far from everyone when i go to a store , because i had my 2002 A6 and some idiot pulling out scratched driver side from front doors to the rear bumper.

Now it's in front of my house better go repark it in the back what im about to do now.

Good luck on repair dude i think if that happen to me i would have a heart attack.
:mad:

akachi 01-17-2007 09:31 PM

wow that sucks.. shame on whoever did it

f1 tech 01-17-2007 09:40 PM

Hey man, really sorry to hear that. That's heartbreaking... Good Luck fixing it.

AthensBlueG 01-17-2007 10:03 PM

He posted this a month ago, I bet it's fixed already.
It's amazing to me how many of us get keyed, smashed windshields, graffiti'd or otherwise vandalized. WTF. On the upside, it does mean that people think your car is super nice looking...if it wasn't, they'd just ignore our cars.

mephistomyhero 01-19-2007 07:44 PM

What I discovered is, wherever your car is, if it is nicer "looking" then 70% of the cars out there (which ours are), it will get the "look". Sometimes, dubious people will get jealous and you know the rest. My car got egg'ed after 1/2 year but so far *knocks on wood*, nothing has happend after a year.