G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Making It Look Good (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/181-making-look-good.html)

G35 10-07-2002 10:05 PM

Making It Look Good

Wondering which wax would you all choose btwn for your beloved G35: Meguiar's carnuaba, Zaino, or Klasse?

Any suggestions, comments much appreciated.

surfhound 10-07-2002 11:34 PM

Re: Making It Look Good

All will shine and impress you when you put them on correctly. I use Zaino religiously. Have 3 coats on my black sedan, use the detailer every other day. Paint looks great, looks wet... In my opinion Zaino rules.

baseg35 10-08-2002 12:01 AM

They all will make your car look great, but 95% of a good shine is prep work. wash, clay, klasse all-in-one, 3 coats of klasse SG and a topper of p21s is what I like on my cars.Car is now good for the next 6-months, I don't like to use QD unless it is a touch up after a wash which I do once a week. Make sure you use only microfiber towels or 100% cotton terry's

G35 10-08-2002 12:15 AM

Could you please explain all the acronyms you used -- i'm naive when it comes to car detailing products.

Thanks.

G35shopper 10-08-2002 05:40 AM

I agree with baseg35 almost 100%. I like the Sonus quick detail spritz. I use Klasse all-in-one and Klasse sealer on my current vehicles. The Sonus quick detail spritz is awsome, but quite expensive for a QD, 15 bucks, ARGH! I've tried Eagle1 Wet-n-wipe and it doesn't even come close.

markn 10-08-2002 10:57 AM

If your G35 is a dark color, especially if black, I'd recommend the Zaino, otherwise the Meguire product is pretty good. To properly use the Zaino you need several products (#1, #2, #4, and maybe clay). Takes quite a bit of time but it's well worth it.

baseg35 10-08-2002 02:53 PM

Sorry about that, SG is Klasse sealant glaze, p21s is a brand of carnuba paste wax.
check out autopia.com, best forum for detailing info.

G35Lin 10-08-2002 05:43 PM

Zaino is the best! I've used it and it works so well that i can basically use my car as a mirror!!! Its black!

soaped 10-09-2002 09:26 AM

I like the look of zaino on black colored cars. The effect isnt as great on light colored cars though. I use klasse on mine.

They both give a wet look to the car, very nice :)

G35 10-10-2002 03:27 PM

thanks everyone for their suggestions. i've decided to go with Zaino. but i agree that they're all good products. i guess it's how you treat your car and what color it is that partly decides what to use.

G35guy 10-11-2002 07:44 PM

First of all, check out the posts by Brad (see above) on how to detail a G35. Brad's an expert detailer, and his series of posts on how to do it are just great. Secondly, although Zaino is fine stuff, Brad recommends BlackFire for a better shine, and similar protection to Zaino. I've found it easier to use than Zaino, and it does have a brilliant shine. You can get this stuff at www.properautocare.com. Also, for more info on detailing, there is an excellent "Detailing" thread at my350Z.com, which is where Brad's series of detailing posts originally came from.

VQ power rules.........G35 luxury leather, sport suspension, desert platinum, willow leather