Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Finally, received my OEM front lip spoiler.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Finally, received my OEM front lip spoiler.

I spoke to John at Grubbs this morning also.
He is kinda useless, I asked him to get in touch with Infiniti and get a copy that he could post on FA.
He did not give me a good feeling that he has the wits to help us.

DG Coupe Prem/Nav/Sport/Aero-In my driveway!

Old 03-05-2004, 02:20 PM

I just received my front lip & rear splash guard too...

no instructions, but does it suppose to come with a set of screws?

Thanks!!!

G35c, 5AT, NAV
INJEN CAI, Borla TD Exhaust, Grounding Kit
8000K HID, PIAA 7500K SPARK BLUE, Clear Corner
Focal 165K2P, E10A.22

Old 03-05-2004, 03:01 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - I thought that Grubbs was at least the one dealer that knew something. This is distressing. I am currently awaitng delivery of my lip spoiler from Grubbs. I have found the local dealers here in the LA area useless. Most don't know the lip is available. One dealer that did wanted $360 for the part and the parts guy told me about $89 to install. When I checked with the service dept. they wanted $289 to install!

Hopefully the person that has the "12 page manual" can post his source of the manual; or better yet post the manual on here in the DIY section. (12 pages?- sounds complicated!)

Also, could the person who mentioned that you do not need to remove the front bumper to install the lip also elaborate on that process.

Sounds like this is a mod a lot of people want to do - so if anybody out there can post a DIY on this forum, it will be greatly appreciated and widely used!

Old 03-05-2004, 03:19 PM

The person with the 12-page manual is the same guy that mentioned about not having to remove the front bumper and that was bkchang79. I second the idea of posting the manual in the DIY section, anyone else?

Old 03-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Well this dosent make me want to order one now.. No tech support let alone instructions?? Lame

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 03-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Hey BkChang,
Could you please do all of us here in need a favor and post the manual you were refering to? You'd really help a lot of us out.

Thanks,
Frank

Old 03-05-2004, 05:31 PM

I posted a request for the instructions on both FA and MY350Z, hopefully someone will come through.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:18 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the "manual" is an Infiniti publication, Grubbs should get it and post it immediately. They are obviously selling a lot of these spoilers - so how about some customer service!!

Hopefully the person who posted earlier indicating that he had such a manual, could at least post and give us the info. on who he bought the OEM lip from and the source of the manual.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny how there's people who say they have something that no one else has but everyone needs. Then when asked to share they suddenly don't post any replies or don't really have the item. If you have it or a source for it just post it... Prove me wrong.. jeez

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 03-05-2004, 06:33 PM

He's not lying.
He has them
In pictures from a past post, you can clearly see them.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:33 PM

Okay all you people! I called my vendor where I purchased my lip from and had them fax me a copy of the so called "12 page manual". Thanks to Frank at Scottsdale Infiniti in AZ he quickly fulfilled my request and I scanned the pages and saved the manual in .pdf format. I am not sure how to post it here but for now just provide me your email addy and I'll get you the file. Have an early Mele Kalikimaka (that's Merry Christmas in Hawaiian). My email is agagf001@hawaii.rr.com

Aloha
Fred

Old 03-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do a search you should come up with an install w/pics somebody posted a while back.....If I remember he did not install all the screws the way the instructions stated...he instead used 3m double sided tape to hold it to the bumper.

Sorry, I can't remember who or when I read the post....hope this will help in some way...<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 03-06-2004, 07:43 AM

The spoiler is NOT hard to install. Cut out templates. The small template locates the screw holes for the center most holes. The large template is for the side screw holes. Starting on drivers side, line up the template with the bottom edge of the front bumper and the edge of the mesh grille. Use scotch tape to hold it on. Have the lip spoiler on the ground under the car for quick easy reference.
Once you have the drivers side templates positioned, pick up the spoiler to check for a rough alignment. Hook the edge of the spoiler lip inside the fenderwell and line up with templates. It will look like the holes are about 1/2" from lining up. Don't worry, that is about right. I made my holes "slightly" eliptical. Drill drivers side hole located by the bigger template. Then hook lip on fenderwell again and you will have to stretch the lip so stud will go into hole. Using the same procedure, drill the center-drivers side hole. Stretch lip again so 2nd stud will go in.
Remove templates (careful, they tear easy) and reposition on pass side of bumper. Drill the pass-center hole next.

The install seems hard at first glance, but once you get templates placed and hold spoiler up, it becomes quite easy. It will appear that the holes won't 100% line up. They don't, but you have to stretch the spoiler AND be smart about where you drill. The templates basically give you the basic area to drill. You may have to deviate about 1/4" or make yours holes eliptical. The lip will hide any mistakes.

It took me about 1 hour to install, but I went slooow. If I had to do it again, I could do it in about 1/2 hour.

I removed the chrome grille to install the center most nuts, and went thru the wheel wells for the side nuts.

Go for it, it is really a breeze!

BillR

Old 03-06-2004, 09:13 AM

Hey guys... survivor1420 really does have the 12 page booklet on how to install the front lip spoiler. Thanks survivor1420 for e-mailing it to me.

"Not all G35 owners are G35 Drivers"
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT-BS/BLK | Full Aero-Navi | Gounding Wires | Clear Corners | 35% Tint | 350Z Tube | JWT PopCharger | Front Lip Spoiler on order.....

Old 03-06-2004, 10:59 AM

Not a problem Tybrey, just spreading the Aloha to other members in time of need. BillR, great tips on the install especially the one about removing the grill to access the center screws. As far as worrying about tearing the templates why not just make a photo copy of it so you'll have a set for the other side.

Aloha
Fred

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally, received my OEM front lip spoiler.