G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Scratched my front bumper.... (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/204134-scratched-my-front-bumper.html)

mrclowny 02-20-2008 12:34 PM

Scratched my front bumper....

:mad: :mad: :crying: :NANA:

So while I was parking my car over the weekend, I hit those curb thingys. Had no idea they were that high. I now have a minor scratch on my front bumper.. the lower lip where the paint has stripped off and now shoing black...

Is there a way to get this fixed? without getting the whole bumper painted? I was thinkin of getting some touch up paint and touching it up. But I also wanted to know if there are pros who can do that for me as I Suk at it....

Either that or hide it with a new lip, but I rather not..

Any suggestion? Moral Support? :7:

ugaexploder 02-20-2008 01:15 PM

dude don't worry, i had the same thing happen to me when i went to the hawks vs lakers game trying to find a parking spot in a very tight parking deck. ended up hitting one of those yellow curbs. there is a little cracking and that yellow crap smudged on the lower part of the bumper...what i was thinking was, maybe get the kenstyle front lip to cover it up.

hyukki 02-20-2008 01:47 PM

I scratched the left corner while @ a tight drive thru... I was just trying to get as close to the window as possible but... yeah.

I just left it there, since my bumper is already chipped up and looking uber ****ty. I'll just get a sport bumper or get it repainted in the future.

mrclowny 02-20-2008 07:09 PM

Ahh sorry to hear about your cars as well..

Im still sad about it.. = ( LOL

Im thinkin a new lip but.. then Im gonna want to get some wheelz and lower it then it's a never ending process in which I don't want to even start. Im too old for that.. or am I? LOL

So we can't just take it to a body shop and get it touched up?

rocaveli 02-20-2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by mrclowny
Ahh sorry to hear about your cars as well..

Im still sad about it.. = ( LOL

Im thinkin a new lip but.. then Im gonna want to get some wheelz and lower it then it's a never ending process in which I don't want to even start. Im too old for that.. or am I? LOL

So we can't just take it to a body shop and get it touched up?

of course you can...

ugaexploder 02-21-2008 09:19 AM

i just don't think it is worth spending a few hundred dollars on such a thing that might happen again in the near future (hopefully not)

mrclowny 02-21-2008 09:26 AM

So it costs a few hundred dollars to get it touched up? SheeSH i was thinking more like 50 to 100 at most!!!!! :dunno: :7:

cheath09 05-02-2008 11:50 AM

Yep, I got the same deal. I'm with the front lip idea but just not at the moment. Im thinking of touching it up myself for now with a bit of bondo and touch up paint. The scratch is almost under the car so I dont mind if the paint does not match 100% and its pretty small. Can anyone give input on that? And is it true that it would be hundreds to fix something like that from a body shop??

mrclowny 05-02-2008 11:53 AM

I got therapy to cope with the scratch on my bumper.. LOL so im starting to deal with it now.....

cheath09 05-02-2008 12:01 PM

Haha, I hear you man! I might need some too.