G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Yellow Bird Stain? (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/213786-yellow-bird-stain.html)

NationsMostWanted 04-08-2008 12:16 AM

Yellow Bird Stain?

I woke up to see a few circle drops of bird droppings on my car. I cleaned it off but it left very small yellow highlighter dots on my car where the spots were. When i feel the dot, it feels like its a imprint thats still on the car.

Any recommendations on what can be used to get it out? or im stuck?

Scrooge 04-08-2008 04:12 AM

Might have etch into the paint. Try like what everyone would say. A clay bar. If a mild one doesn't get it out, try a aggresive one then.

NationsMostWanted 04-08-2008 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scrooge
Might have etch into the paint. Try like what everyone would say. A clay bar. If a mild one doesn't get it out, try a aggresive one then.

yea its like i can feel a small imprint of it. ill buy a clay bar and try. what do you mean mild and aggressive?

RBull 04-08-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by 559MostWanted
yea its like i can feel a small imprint of it. ill buy a clay bar and try. what do you mean mild and aggressive?

Clay bars are available in different abrasiveness. It's doubtful to me a clay bar will fix your problem if the paint is etched. They remove contaminants on and above the surface. A polish may work better.

GR8TG35 04-08-2008 09:38 AM

Clay will not remove any etching, I suggest you try a mild abrasive polishing compound. Problem is, if its etched, its eaten thru some of the clear coat. Only suggestion if compound doesn't work would be to wet sand with 2000 grit wet/dry 3m paper, but I would leave that to the professional if you don't feel like messing with the finish on your car.
Good luck

GeeWillikers 04-08-2008 09:47 AM

If you let it sit in the sun, it'll weather out and be gone in a few days - at least that was my experience while living in Texas.

I tried everything and the best I could achieve was to fade the stain a bit. I'd come out a couple of days later and it would be gone.

Clean the area well, treat with your favorite protectant, and give it a couple of days - your problem may solve itself.

NationsMostWanted 04-08-2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
If you let it sit in the sun, it'll weather out and be gone in a few days - at least that was my experience while living in Texas.

I tried everything and the best I could achieve was to fade the stain a bit. I'd come out a couple of days later and it would be gone.

Clean the area well, treat with your favorite protectant, and give it a couple of days - your problem may solve itself.

yea it looks like a very light light yellow highlighet mark right now

NationsMostWanted 04-08-2008 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by GR8TG35
Clay will not remove any etching, I suggest you try a mild abrasive polishing compound. Problem is, if its etched, its eaten thru some of the clear coat. Only suggestion if compound doesn't work would be to wet sand with 2000 grit wet/dry 3m paper, but I would leave that to the professional if you don't feel like messing with the finish on your car.
Good luck

i cant tell if its etching...it looks like its glued to my paint. I can see its a bit higher than my paint itself..like an imprint