G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   Clearbra owners chime in. (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/217588-clearbra-owners-chime.html)

"G"thats nice 04-26-2008 07:53 PM

Clearbra owners chime in.

My Blue Slate Sedan in 6 months old now and I noticed a chip on the hood. I rarely get on the freeway, but they do gravel the roads in winter here. Should I spring for a Clearbra and if so, should I get full coverage (nose, hood, lights, mirrors etc.) or go with a partial (hood, lights,and mirrors) and get some tint? Or, should I get tint and a drop instead. Is the clearbra worth it? Just need a little input.

coolguy8157 04-26-2008 08:00 PM

I would definitely suggest to go 4 a clear bra...if you do lot of highway driving it would protect the bumper, hood etc., I got it on mine and it really works!... Hood, fender, mirror and bumper is what I got...:)

mIKE 04-26-2008 08:28 PM

You'll probably want to get your front end repainted before the clear bra; the clear bra will seal in any imperfections in the paint.

Usually you want to do this when the car is brand new for that reason.

If you do a lot of fwy, I 100% say go with the clear bra; I have it on my car.

darnelled 04-26-2008 08:30 PM

Get the bumper and hood at least.

bfranks 04-26-2008 08:30 PM

Best thing I've done to my car yet. Definitely worth the money.

DJAnyStyle 04-26-2008 08:46 PM

Where can I get a Clear Bra done in NYC? Help is appreciated.

GEE35FX 04-26-2008 08:49 PM

Definintely worth it :biggthumpup: , go for the full bumper wrap plus leading edge of hood, fenders.

ugaexploder 04-26-2008 09:18 PM

you should bra your sofa at home too

GEE35FX 04-26-2008 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ugaexploder
you should bra your sofa at home too

Depends how prone it is to stone chips on the highway;)

G35Now! 04-26-2008 09:25 PM

Maybe this will help - when I had my Max with the clear bra, I reasoned:
  • Best - flawless paint with no clear bra
  • Better - Flawless paint with (because of ) clear bra, but clear bra slightly visible
  • Good - Minor rock chips, no clear bra

In other words, ideally the paint wouldn't chip so no need for a clear bra - but that's not possible.

However, on the G I feel differently, not sure why. I didn't put a clear bra on it because the bra IS slightly visible. Plus, on the Max I had rock chips on the hood above the bra and one chip through the bra, so it's not a total solution. Also, I had the bumper repainted after a while, and the new paint was apparently thicker / stronger, so it sustained better. This cost me something like $400, so think if the G ever gets really bad, I'll have the bumper repainted.

Up to you - as you can see, people swear by 'em. I personally am no longer a fan.

thommyboy0885 04-26-2008 10:22 PM

Yeah but if you keep getting the bumper redone, your eventually not going to be able to match the paint perfectly and then you will have a very noticable problem with the front of your car. Clear bra's are slightly noticable but pay themselves off because you will not get any chips and yor resale value will be much better withe matching chip-free paint.

ClearBra_Guy 04-26-2008 11:22 PM

Its pretty easy. Do you want to find a new chip or chips everytime you wash your car?

If you are going to cover the car then do you lights too. The plastic lights are so cheap and need the protection. Do yourself a favor and find a installer that wraps the edges too.

thommyboy0885 04-28-2008 02:52 PM

Well the only problem with wrapping the edges under is that they will eventually lift. Once that happens you will get a black line around the edge of the bra. if you take it to the edge you will be fine... and the lines will not be visible. But wrapping can lead to problems down the road... and if your installer is not around you will be stuck with a bad kit.

ClearBraGuy 04-28-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by thommyboy0885
Well the only problem with wrapping the edges under is that they will eventually lift. Once that happens you will get a black line around the edge of the bra. if you take it to the edge you will be fine... and the lines will not be visible. But wrapping can lead to problems down the road... and if your installer is not around you will be stuck with a bad kit.

If you have an experienced installed wrapping the edges should never lift. The only kits we install are wrapped and 7 years in business and none have lifted. I must say its all in the installer!!!!

DJAnyStyle 04-28-2008 09:37 PM

ANy help? I SOLD!!! Seriously, where can I get it done in the NY area?