Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.
View Poll Results: Which Product should i go with??
Zaino
55.56%
Menzerna (FMJ)
22.22%
Other (Please post other product)
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Narrowed it down to 2 companies..... help me pick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrowed it down to 2 companies..... help me pick

Ok so ive been doing quite a bit of research and ive narrowed it down to 2 companies.

I have an IP coupe which i would like to detail soon.

I am leaning towards Zaino, but have not decided.

Its either Zaino, or Menzerna.

If you think there is a better product please post.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Menzerna makes great polishes and Zaino has many great sealants/quick detailers. Why cant you use both???

Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I guess i can, im just fairly new to the whole detail scene, and would preffer to order everything from one company. But if someone wants to make a list on which products are good to mix and match between the 2, i can order both.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Order Menzerna from DetailedImage. Search around, you'll see a lot of threads about differences between Zaino and more traditional products.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Ever try Meguiar's?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
It won't matter if you do half-*** prep job on it.
I used Z, Menzerna, Blackfire, Klasse and results sucked until I properly cleaned and polished the surface. After that they all became interchangeable.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
No one company carries the best products. I use products from 3M, Menzerna, Duragloss, Meguiars, 1z, Zaino, Leather Masters, and several others. Also, many people will consider Menzerna the best manufacturer of polishes. Which is fine, but I can tell you right now there are times were certain products just simply wont work on certain cars. Every car is different which is why its so important to have a wide variety of products from different companies.

What exactly are you expectations for the car, what products do you currently have?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Is there something I'm missing here. You just posted one product and one brand. Thats like saying is a G35 better or a Lexus.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by DetailDan
No one company carries the best products. I use products from 3M, Menzerna, Duragloss, Meguiars, 1z, Zaino, Leather Masters, and several others. Also, many people will consider Menzerna the best manufacturer of polishes. Which is fine, but I can tell you right now there are times were certain products just simply wont work on certain cars. Every car is different which is why its so important to have a wide variety of products from different companies.
Your 100% right.... How bad is the paint on the car?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:55 PM
I really like Full Molecular Jacket, in terms of ease of use and a nice wet look, it has become my favorite. I recently tried Opti Seal, but was disappointed. I am going to try Jet Seal 109 next, it has received great reviews across the board. I use to stick with Zaino, but overtime I found that other products provide the same if not superior results with more flexibility of mismatching various products. I now use Menzerna almost exclusively, really like P21S or S100 for a traditional wax and FMJ for a sealant. I also like Chemical Guys 50/50 and Blitz Grand wax, but P21S has become my favorite despite having VERY limited durability. If durability is your main concern, it is hard to beat Collinite waxes, but they can be more of a pain to apply and remove.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
The paint on the car is in pretty good condition. what i expect is a nice shine, smooth surface, and good protection for atleast a month or 2. In the summer i usually wax my car once every month and a half or so.

I currently use Mcguires wax, or for a quick wax i use the eagle one wax as you dry. (you just spray iot on the car after you wash it, and wipe it off)

Ive never went beyond waxing though. This summer id like to claybar the car, seal, wax and polish. As i am kinda new to this i beleive this is the correct ordert:

1. Clay bar
2. seal
3. Polish
4. wax???

Originally Posted by DetailDan

What exactly are you expectations for the car, what products do you currently have?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 AM
no, bro... this is the correct order...

wash/dry
clay
polish
seal
wax

Old 03-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I prefer zaino for sealants and Megs M105 and M205 for polishes.

If you want to go with Menzerna I have some extra that I can make you a good deal on. Send me a PM.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Gotcha!

Now how much time do i need to wait in between each one? is it possibble to do this all in one day?

Originally Posted by dreamcatchr
no, bro... this is the correct order...

wash/dry
clay
polish
seal
wax

Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonG6spd
Gotcha!

Now how much time do i need to wait in between each one? is it possibble to do this all in one day?
Yes. You don't even need to seal the car, sealing and waxing can be used together but also separately. Sealants are basically a synthetic wax, most people just use a wax or just add it on top for looks. Sealents generally last much longer than waxes, around 4 to 6 months instead of 2.

Be prepared to spend an entire day detailing your car, given how new you are I don't think you fully understand how much work and effort goes into detailing, and how much money you will be paying just to start off.

You won't be able to remove all of the swirls by hand, so are you planning on getting a machine? I would reccomend taking your car to a good detailer, getting a full detail done, then learn how to prevent swirl marks and invest in a quality wax and just maintain it yourself. Also, pick up some 303 Aerospace Protectant for your interior and some leather cleaner/ conditioner so your seats stay in good shape. If you have any questions you can PM me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Narrowed it down to 2 companies..... help me pick