G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   car wash options.. (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/52559-car-wash-options.html)

player 04-29-2005 03:32 PM

car wash options..

hi guys,
my car is a few days more then a month old and i have been thinking about my options as to washing my car..

1) I can do it all myself at my house with hose
2) I can give it to a hand car wash for $10 (every week)
3) I can go to one of those stations where you drop about $2 worth of quarters and you get a brush, hose and all that stuff and wash the car there and then dry it off myself.

Those are the 3 options I've come up with, for the past few weeks i've been using the option #2. I would rather wash the car myself because in reality it gets dirty quite fast especially because it's black and I would want to wash it more often, say, twice a week, $20/week is getting a bit expensive, and besides I want to wash my own car.

Now, can I get some tips on doing the washing myself? Materials that I need? What kind of towels? What kind of soap? What kind of spunges or whatever you guys use to apply the soap.

Thanks for any feedback.

Punchit 04-29-2005 03:56 PM

Here is a link to a description of how to wash and it also has links to what products you might need and where to get them http://www.detailedimage.com/h-ts&d.html. If you need any more questions answered I'll be happy to help out if I can. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

player 04-29-2005 07:00 PM

very nice, thanks

JWang815 04-30-2005 04:52 PM

I would just recommend getting Mr. Clean Autodry. That's what I use and it works great.

player 04-30-2005 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by JWang815
I would just recommend getting Mr. Clean Autodry. That's what I use and it works great.

how does it work?

JWang815 04-30-2005 06:46 PM

check out the website. Basically u spray on water first, then u spray on the soap, use a wash mitt n wipe, then u spray with water again, and finally u spray with the patented mr. clean autodry formula water and it dries very clean

G35_coupe_6MT 04-30-2005 08:26 PM

Blk and not hand was = swirls. Your car must be awfully scratched for a 1 month old car.

player 04-30-2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Blk and not hand was = swirls. Your car must be awfully scratched for a 1 month old car.

what do you mean?

Blackjack 05-01-2005 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by player
hi guys,
my car is a few days more then a month old and i have been thinking about my options as to washing my car..

1) I can do it all myself at my house with hose
2) I can give it to a hand car wash for $10 (every week)
3) I can go to one of those stations where you drop about $2 worth of quarters and you get a brush, hose and all that stuff and wash the car there and then dry it off myself.

Those are the 3 options I've come up with, for the past few weeks i've been using the option #2. I would rather wash the car myself because in reality it gets dirty quite fast especially because it's black and I would want to wash it more often, say, twice a week, $20/week is getting a bit expensive, and besides I want to wash my own car.

Now, can I get some tips on doing the washing myself? Materials that I need? What kind of towels? What kind of soap? What kind of spunges or whatever you guys use to apply the soap.

Thanks for any feedback.

Do you G a favor and wash it yourself by hand with the proper washing mits, car wash shampoo, microfiber drying clothes, polishes/waxes, etc. I've had black cars before and I NEVER let anyone wash it, but me!!! Then again, my G's not black and I don't let anyone wash her but me too.

Sandman 05-02-2005 02:08 AM

I'm not a detailing nut by any means, but I wouldn't go near my car's finish with one of those brushes from a coin-op place :eek:. The high-powered nozzle alone will knock off bugs and obvious dirt, but doesn't really clean all that well. If you're considering this, you might as well just do it at home with a hose and wash mitt. And if you have one, a leaf blower works well to blow water out of seams, etc. as part of the drying process.